NFL update on players potentially of Bomber interest

Mr. Perfect

Im not sure where to put this so Ill just stick it here,

Per #CFL sources: The #Argos are trying to trade for DL Jabar Westerman from the #BCLions. Westerman has fallen out of favour in BC.

Maybe we can join the fun.

Westerman would be a solid pickup.  Quality National defensive lineman are worth their weight in gold.

Didn't Joe Mack trade up in the 2012 draft to take a run at Westerman? He played in the M.A.C. a conference that plays a similar style of game to the CFL and, at the time, we had 8 or 9 MAC players on the roster. When Buono swooped in and took this beast, Mack threw a dart at the draft board and hit Pencer... the pick that saw draft war rooms around the league sprayed with water and coffee as GMs laughed at our horrendous pick.

I can think of

Westerman is a huge NI talent that is sitting on the bench just for 'old school Wally' reasons...  If we have passed on him, then Walters needs to take a step back - huge upgrade over Thomas imo... and I like Thomas.

I don't think we'll "pass" on him.  We're limited in what we can offer.  BC can get a better deal from other teams.  It's the downside of having no assets - it makes it tough to acquire assets.

I can think of 3 assets right off the top.  JFG, Sherman and Bucknor.  I'd hate to see any of them playing on another team but if you're going to play poker you need to have real chips.

Isn't Westerman a FA after this year? BC was trying to sign him to a new deal since last year, but he won't re-sign. Depending on his reasons for not wanting to sign in BC, it could be really risky to trade anything of value. If he's determined to move back east, then forget about him. It would be a waste to trade for him and only get 9 games from him.