Dave Ritchie Bill Morton Tony Norman and Jim Heighton going into Blue Bomber Hall of Fame

Jpan85

Awesome for ol' Dave The Bear. One of the best coaches of all time in the CFL as a whole. I've been a Bomber fan my whole life, but when Ritchie and Taman took over, I became a hardcore, fire-breathing, crazed superfan who joined the messageboards. Ritchie's teams were something else...

Tony Norman was a fairly dominant DE for the Bombers in the early 80s. My girlfriend at the time and his were good friends...I remember crazy, crazy times spent with him and other BB of the era.

One of my favorite players on defence at that time, along with Pete Catan. Good to see his ghost is still around these parts, though I think he is actually still alive.

He had the best post game interviews. My favourite was after a game where the receivers had numerous drops, he responds to Bob, "well might have to go downtown and get a couple bums off the street they would do better job of holding on to the ball than these guys."

You talking about Cal or Dave Ritchie?  Imagine how people would freak if Tim Burke had said that and yet with either of the other two it was cause for a good laugh.

Best of Ritchie: On the health status of Moe Elewonibi (long one) (1): "I think Moe's 100 per cent now. Let's put it this way:...

Ritchie (2): Moe's 100 per cent of the 100 per cent that he could be of 100 per cent. You understand what I'm saying? Let's put it this way.

Ritchie (3): ... "The 100 per cent he is now isn't the same 100 per cent when he came out of college. So, a 100 per cent is better than...

Ritchie (4): than the 100 per cent he was last year, right? You get the picture now?"

Tony Norman was a fairly dominant DE for the Bombers in the early 80s. My girlfriend at the time and his were good friends...I remember crazy, crazy times spent with him and other BB of the era.

One of my favorite players on defence at that time, along with Pete Catan. Good to see his ghost is still around these parts, though I think he is actually still alive.

You bring a tear to my eye, sir.