Stamps v TiCats/ ALs v Riders

Jpan85

JuranBoldenRules, on 16 Aug 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 16 Aug 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Should've had Sask kick it off and Duron Carter return it

You really think Sask would have given them a kick that was returnable?

That would have just wasted time.

Well, you can only kick it so many places like that.  Yeah they could try a squibber, but those can backfire bad on you.  Kick it out of bounds and you're setting the team up with a better hail mary shot

A kick that bounces a couple times to the returner gives the cover team a couple extra seconds to get down field, zero chance of a return.  The kicker doesn't even have to place it well.  He'd have to make a catastrophic mistake to make it worth the risk for the Als to run time off with 12 seconds left.

Hope the Bombers are ready for the Als D. next week, they could provide major headaches.

LMFAO at Rod Black, having an anneurism

Black was brutal today. maybe moreso than he always is... Did you catch his comment when he was talking about Jeff Garcia? He actually said that Garcia won a Grey Cup "In Canada"... Then with less than a minute in the game he says as they went to commercial, "Alex Brink is on the brink." Can't stand that idiot. 

I watched most of both games....

I love Milt flipping on his opinion on Hamilton's D....  Milt is a close 2nd for the TSN panel when it comes to providing useless info.....

Bo Levi is really coming together... the guy does mix it up quite nicely and I can see Tate being gone next year to the Als.  

TSN seems to always highlight and fawn over Charleston Hughes... every single game him they make it seem like the D revolves around his play....

Riders look flat and very beatable.....  I wish they lost this and the last game.

Brink sucks major balls... he can only dink and dunk which worked wonders tonight ....  his deep balls are awful.   I'm hoping against us that Etch has a plan for this since we appear to be weak against this style of offense.

Montreals defense also seems to be soft in the secondary....  lots of bad tackling and wide open guys. 

I'm not worried about Brink and he showed tonight that outside of short plays and running for his life ... he isn't good.   You don't even have to blitz the guy just force him to throw the ball more then 5 yards...

JuranBoldenRules, on 16 Aug 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 16 Aug 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Should've had Sask kick it off and Duron Carter return it

You really think Sask would have given them a kick that was returnable?

That would have just wasted time.

Well, you can only kick it so many places like that.  Yeah they could try a squibber, but those can backfire bad on you.  Kick it out of bounds and you're setting the team up with a better hail mary shot

A kick that bounces a couple times to the returner gives the cover team a couple extra seconds to get down field, zero chance of a return.  The kicker doesn't even have to place it well.  He'd have to make a catastrophic mistake to make it worth the risk for the Als to run time off with 12 seconds left.

Hope the Bombers are ready for the Als D. next week, they could provide major headaches.

All we need is a FG... ;)

I watched most of both games....

I love Milt flipping on his opinion on Hamilton's D....  Milt is a close 2nd for the TSN panel when it comes to providing useless info.....

Bo Levi is really coming together... the guy does mix it up quite nicely and I can see Tate being gone next year to the Als.  

TSN seems to always highlight and fawn over Charleston Hughes... every single game him they make it seem like the D revolves around his play....

Riders look flat and very beatable.....  I wish they lost this and the last game.

Brink sucks major balls... he can only dink and dunk which worked wonders tonight ....  his deep balls are awful.   I'm hoping against us that Etch has a plan for this since we appear to be weak against this style of offense.

Montreals defense also seems to be soft in the secondary....  lots of bad tackling and wide open guys. 

I'm not worried about Brink and he showed tonight that outside of short plays and running for his life ... he isn't good.   You don't even have to blitz the guy just force him to throw the ball more then 5 yards...

Thought for a moment you were referring to Durant with that description.  Got to laugh that Sask. fans want to hoist this guy as the league's number one QB.  More like number seven, 3 inches in front of Brink.

Watching Brink with that baseball wind up just made me cringe as old memories came flooding back. 

What was even funnier was that I swore early on the game Duane Forde was praising Brinks ability to get the ball away quickly... What? No not Brink, that's his biggest draw back as a qb is that he takes forever and a day to throw the ball. 

Throw Long Bannatyne, on 16 Aug 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:Throw Long Bannatyne, on 16 Aug 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Pretty sure once we whoop em this week, Tom Higgins is going to get fired.....

And Popp will take over as interim HC again.