The Great Grigsby

BBlink

did I hear right, that Brown said the defensive plan does not emphasize tackling, and does emphasize getting turnovers?

there have been some really wacky plays this year, like last night, ball carrier with three four bombers around him and not going down.

they look ridiculous.

Is that this ball stripping thing going on?

if so, can it, cause not only are they not tackling, the amount of turn overs, and what our offence does with them, aren't worth it.

Especially Steele's run up the middle for a 19 yard touchdown, that was tough to watch from a defensive point of view.

Bellefuile needs to find another Avon Cobourne...  5'8 and 200+lbs

MB is calling a game for this RB.... not Grigsby.

Scouting Report:

The Good:  Quick footed shifty ball carrier with a nice style of running on the inside. Built low to the ground,  runs with forward lean and gets lost behind his linemen. Elusive, has a burst of speed through the hole and runs with balance.  Compact build and puts his shoulders into the defender, working to pick up positive yardage.  Decent receiver out of the backfield.  

The Bad: Lacks the open field speed, cannot run to daylight n or turn the corner and beat defenders to the flanks.  Short and may be a tough target for his quarterback to find in the traffic.

Grigsby certainly has some things he needs to work on, but I would say "The Bad" you came up with is pretty debatable.  His speed is not an issue if you ask me.  He can beat defenders if he has space to do so.  I would also say that he is fine target for Willy, and his size is not an issue.  I would trust Grigsby on almost any route pattern if they decided to use him that way. 

You eluded to mention his obvious struggle with breaking first contact, which will ultimately be his downfall at some point. 

That's the scouting report on Avon... sorry, should have been clearer.

did I hear right, that Brown said the defensive plan does not emphasize tackling, and does emphasize getting turnovers?

there have been some really wacky plays this year, like last night, ball carrier with three four bombers around him and not going down.

they look ridiculous.

if so, can it, cause not only are they not tackling, the amount of turn overs, and what our offence does with them, aren't worth it.

Especially Steele's run up the middle for a 19 yard touchdown, that was tough to watch from a defensive point of view.

Oh yeah, kinda hung my head after that one

they look ridiculous.

Oh yeah, kinda hung my head after that one

Yea that one stung... Everyone knew a run was coming... We actually looked ready for it.. Bam. Thru the front seven and almost past the secondary with little to no effort..