CFL Week 8 Preview

Well, it's no secret that the Bombers gotta quickly turn around and survive a rested and prepared Argos team in the Sky Dome, and this will be no gimme.  But the big questions are what will happen meantime in the rest of the league?

Edmonton at Ottawa - Looks like someone needs to call up DeVone Claybrooks and hire him as Defensive Coordinator and get some blitzes involved to throw at Reilly if they want to have a chance.  Edmonton wins big though I say.

Calgary at Hamilton - Gonna call a Tiger Cat upset here.  They keep coming so close to winning, and last time they held the stamps to only 10 points.  Calgary does keep getting the job done, but I'm feeling a real loss coming here in McMaster for the Stamps.

Awful Als at Sask - Ok ok, here's the solution, fire Ryan Dinwiddie and promote Erik Campbell to OC.  Make a trade to Calgary, Kyries Hebert for Drew Tate and stick him in at QB.  Make Jeff Garcia the QB coach.  Run Screen passes every other play but just make sure to run fast and let the whole O-line get down the field on the linebackers before throwing them.   I mean, there's gotta be some egg in the basket the Awfuls can pull to beat the greenies right?

BC at Toronto - BC's bad streak on the east coast is going to continue I think.  Kevin Glenn's had some magic going in the last 2 games but that means he's going to have a bad game here.  Plus expect the Argos to load the box on Harris.

TBieber, on 10 Aug 2014 - 4:09 PM, said:

Why would Calgary need or want Kyries Hebert?

Figured you guys would see I was just trying to be a bit funny, obviously the Als are not going to be pulling these moves, unless Popp really has something up his sleeve to make it happen despite their impossible owner.  But the Hebert thing was kind of a funny to say they would do it to protect John Cornish lol.

Now ... on a serious note, all trade rumors or anything crazy aside, the Als may actually be considering something to get Tate with.  I mean, I think the Stamps are gonna roll with Mitchell from here on out, or so they seem to be indicating, even though they may not want to lose Tate as a backup given his experience.  Thing is if he wants to be a starter with no caveat, Montreal is probably the first team going after him.  His price may be high, but given what they currently have, you wonder if he's worth it, or are his past injury problems too much of a Buck Pierce type risk.  Obviously, the Als have way more than just a QB problem, and if they don't clean the coaching and administration mess up soon, adding in even a good to great QB if one happens to come their way, won't fix their team.  But, with Smith and the other current QBs, they're likely either heading out or getting demoted to backup by this year's end if they're lucky, so I don't see what the Als would lose by going after probably the best current backup who could be a starter.

Calgary has both Mitchell and Tate under contract through next season... no real reason to trade Tate unless its for first overall.  Can't see any Qbs moving with the west being super tight this year.

Montreal has to wait until the next great backup hits free agency...  maybe Gale?  Not too many out there - don't think Glenn is F.A. until 2016

Well, it's no secret that the Bombers gotta quickly turn around and survive a rested and prepared Argos team in the Sky Dome, and this will be no gimme.  But the big questions are what will happen meantime in the rest of the league?

Edmonton at Ottawa - Looks like someone needs to call up DeVone Claybrooks and hire him as Defensive Coordinator and get some blitzes involved to throw at Reilly if they want to have a chance.  Edmonton wins big though I say.

Calgary at Hamilton - Gonna call a Tiger Cat upset here.  They keep coming so close to winning, and last time they held the stamps to only 10 points.  Calgary does keep getting the job done, but I'm feeling a real loss coming here in McMaster for the Stamps.

Awful Als at Sask - Ok ok, here's the solution, fire Ryan Dinwiddie and promote Erik Campbell to OC.  Make a trade to Calgary, Kyries Hebert for Drew Tate and stick him in at QB.  Make Jeff Garcia the QB coach.  Run Screen passes every other play but just make sure to run fast and let the whole O-line get down the field on the linebackers before throwing them.   I mean, there's gotta be some egg in the basket the Awfuls can pull to beat the greenies right?

BC at Toronto - BC's bad streak on the east coast is going to continue I think.  Kevin Glenn's had some magic going in the last 2 games but that means he's going to have a bad game here.  Plus expect the Argos to load the box on Harris.

Also, Tor is gonna be coming off a tough loss so they'll wanna atone quickly after a short break...  ;)