What's happened to Jarvis Jones this year?

coach17

Last year he was a dominating pressence at the tackle spot, I believe he even played left tackle for a few games. This year he didn't do so well in preseason and is on the practice roster behind Knapp and Howard. I find Knapp is quick enough but gets pushed around a lot at tackle. On Willy's fumble last night he was sacked by Howard's man and after Howard got beat he stood around and watched while the ball bounced free. January got schooled by Chick again. We sorely need last years Jones to help that oline.

It's quite apparent that the Oline is not good enough and if the coaches felt jarvis jones was he answer to solve all our oline problems, he would be playing. The fact he isn't i'd say speaks volumes, Did jones look good last season? sure i guess, compared to boatman he did but... he's not playing for a reason. One guy wouldn't make much of a difference on the OLINE right now.. It's more than one guy, some people just like to single out certain players but reality is, it's the entire oline, not just one or 2 guys. 

I'm betting January gets a hangnail and goes on the one game injured so he doesn't have to play against Chick again. January had to practice against Chick one year when they played together in Sask. January likely had no lunch money and a dirty diaper everyday.

I would like to see Jarvis Jones get another shot not sure why he hasn't yet. Jones did seem to get off to a slow start this year and struggled a bit in the pre-season however he did play well in replacing January last year on 2 days practice. And in looking at Jones he looks to be the most physicaly imposing OL we have he is large and not carrying as much extra baggage (fat) as the others with the execption of Knapp but Knapp is too light to play Oline IMO.

Last year he was a dominating pressence at the tackle spot, I believe he even played left tackle for a few games. This year he didn't do so well in preseason and is on the practice roster behind Knapp and Howard. I find Knapp is quick enough but gets pushed around a lot at tackle. On Willy's fumble last night he was sacked by Howard's man and after Howard got beat he stood around and watched while the ball bounced free. January got schooled by Chick again. We sorely need last years Jones to help that oline.

Lots of O line personnel get schooled by Chick...not just ours.

Lots of O line personnel get schooled by Chick...not just ours.

Yeah, I just watched this game. Picked SK to win so wasn't surprised. Why (did I pick them to win)? Easy - defending Grey Cup champs against, by far, the worst team in the league - last year. Boy, have we ever come a long way from last year, and 5 - 2 (now) is as sweet now as it would have been if I told you we'd be 5 - 2 after 7 games in May. 

Coach - not sure on your comment here? What does that prove? Chick is, arguably, the best dlineman in the CFL. He'd school any tackle in this league, so what's your point. You're a half empty guy?

Blitzmore - gets it - glass half full guy. I don't care about the the one on one battles - they are the Grey Cup Champs - and are a superior team to us. So what? Last year this game would have been over by the 10 minute mark. 

Can't wait till Labour Day - you can bet Drew will have something to prove after this game.