Telling Bryant Turner comment ...

IC Khari

Basically, it comes down to

2013 - nine coaches

2014 - 13 coaches

These forums have been begging for more coaching staff for four years now, we finally have it.  Players don't end up thinking they have to do everything themselves.  Maybe if we hadn't cheaped out on coaching staff in 2010 then Lapo is still coaching and maybe winning... who knows.

I was never one who bought in before on the whole needing more coaches thing, but I sure do now.  The big one for me is that we actually have a QB coach.  And as Suitor said last night, Buck is also helping to mentor Drew Willy, which is great, because Buck is a great character guy as well as a true professional and someone I'd definitely want mentoring my young guns.  The QB's should be getting a lot more help this year than in almost any other year, and that's got to be helping the team big time.

It was mind boggling that there was all this talk about developing a QB internally over the past few years and throughout that time we never had a proper QB coach.

yup tim burke. the start and end of our cancer. how a football team can operate at a high level without believing in itself is beyond me. cant understand why tim burke didnt believe. thats like the first thing you have to do. wouldnt matter how sad sack you think your group of 50 professional football players is. they are human beings, there is 50 of em... if they work hard for each other, fight for each other and believe in each other, then there is nothing they cant do. 

thats the size large part of the foundation for success in team sports. not the qb or o-line... willy would have failed here last year too. 

thinking of tim burke makes me sad. dont get me wrong, he didnt want the gig. and nobody who doesnt want the gig should ever be given a head coaching job lol. but i mean he couldve handled it with some kind of passion. he folded. he blamed everyone else. of course, as football teams do, ours folded and blamed everyone else right after him. 

THANK GOD FOR MIKE O'SHEA

oh and bryant turner's feet are unreal, so quick for a man that garganguant. he forces bad throws, roll outs, broken plays. forces running backs to change their plan most running plays. seen him not even let the qb's get a 3 step drop in a few times each game.

he's generally just blowing through the beefy part of the line almost every play, causing all kinds of anarchy. just cuz he doesnt show up on the stat sheet, doesnt mean he isnt playing better than he ever has, so far this year. He's a defensive tackle for pete sakes, the best of them force bad plays, and their team mates get to make the plays. we have the best DT in the league for that. 

yup tim burke. the start and end of our cancer. how a football team can operate at a high level without believing in itself is beyond me. cant understand why tim burke didnt believe. thats like the first thing you have to do. wouldnt matter how sad sack you think your group of 50 professional football players is. they are human beings, there is 50 of em... if they work hard for each other, fight for each other and believe in each other, then there is nothing they cant do.

thats the size large part of the foundation for success in team sports. not the qb or o-line... willy would have failed here last year too.

thinking of tim burke makes me sad. dont get me wrong, he didnt want the gig. and nobody who doesnt want the gig should ever be given a head coaching job lol. but i mean he couldve handled it with some kind of passion. he folded. he blamed everyone else. of course, as football teams do, ours folded and blamed everyone else right after him.

THANK GOD FOR MIKE O'SHEA

oh and bryant turner's feet are unreal, so quick for a man that garganguant. he forces bad throws, roll outs, broken plays. forces running backs to change their plan most running plays. seen him not even let the qb's get a 3 step drop in a few times each game.

he's generally just blowing through the beefy part of the line almost every play, causing all kinds of anarchy. just cuz he doesnt show up on the stat sheet, doesnt mean he isnt playing better than he ever has, so far this year. He's a defensive tackle for pete sakes, the best of them force bad plays, and their team mates get to make the plays. we have the best DT in the league for that.

Tim Burke left Montreal to come to Winnipeg because he thought it gave him the best opportunity to become a head coach.