Morning Big Blue Pick 'em Pools

Rich

I've integrated a new feature into the site, the ability to do pick 'em pools (See the new Pick 'Ems menu up above).

It is a little odd starting this in the middle of the CFL season, but better late then never  :)  Gives us the rest of the season to test it out and see how it works.

For now, it is setup to just pick winners, no ties, no odds.  But the addon does support those things.

It will track overall leaders, stats, etc.

Pools can be setup for any sport, so if there is interest, we can do NFL, NHL, etc.   Unfortunately the schedule creation is manual so the NHL would be a lot of data entry.

It has been setup so that picks for any week have to be before the first game starts.  So for next week (Week 8), picks can be entered up to 7PM next Friday (August 16).

Any questions / problems let me know, and good luck!

the entire menu just disappears for me in all three different browsers - explorer, Chrome and FF (which I am posting from right now).  I can see the Pick'Em menu, then I sign in, and poof it disappears.

I see why it doesn't work for you, you are on the default skin rather then the Disturbance skin.    Never thought to test the menu on the alternative skin.

I will take a closer loot at it tonight after work and get it fixed up.

ok great thanks!

The good news is I got the menu to show up in the default theme.  The bad news is if you click on the Pick 'Ems menu link, you will get a Server 500 error (this only seems to occur on the default theme)

I've gone back to the creator of the addon to see if he has any ideas on why this would be happening.  Will keep you updated.

Results?

You can see your results by going back to the Week here   http://www.morningbigblue.com/community/index.php?app=pickems&do=games&pid=1&wid=1

You can see the leaderboards by going here http://www.morningbigblue.com/community/index.php?app=pickems&do=leaderboard&pid=1

I'll be having an update / preview coming out later tonight.