Should The CFL Impose Cap Limits On Amount Of Flags Officials Can Throw?

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should There Be A Cap Limit On The Amount Of Flags That Can Be Thrown In A Game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should The Refs Get Fined For Making Tacky Calls?

• Yes
    • No

I don't like the hitting the QB below the knees penalty, but it's in the books so it should be called.

The Washington penalty was the right call. The ball had already gone past Stamps and Washington took an extra step to deliver the blow.  I expect he will get a monetary penalty too. 

I don't like the hitting the QB below the knees penalty, but it's in the books so it should be called.

The Washington penalty was the right call. The ball had already gone past Stamps and Washington took an extra step to deliver the blow.  I expect he will get a monetary penalty too. 

The ball never went past Stamps. It was knocked down before it got to him.

I have no problems with calling a hit below the knees.

They are now calling touching below the knees.  That's just horrible.  ODell Willis managed to get his hand on top of Willy's foot.  Calling that was a joke.  Turner managed to get his hand all the way up to Reilly's calf.  That should never be called, but if Willis got 15 for touching Willy's foot then Turner might be facing a lifetime ban.

I found it a bit comical that after the Turner/Washington double major that Edmonton ended up 2 yards further away from the end zone than when they started.

TBURGESS, on 18 Jul 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

After watching the replay, Mike's right about the ball being knocked down, not past Stamps.  Still think that it would be called a penalty 90+% of the time and that it wouldn't be called a penalty a few years ago.

Which is why the official who threw the flag on that should be fired.

This is proving my point that making such hits a penalty is a disgrace to football.

If I were O'Shea, a former linebacker who know doubt has laid people out on that field and laid a good many jarring hits on the ball carriers, I'd be getting furious at Commissioner Cohon and calling him a **** for turning football into a pansies sport by having these flags thrown.

It's a disgrace to good defenses everywhere.