Odds and Sods Week 2

Rich

I thought the o-line struggled when Greaves went down... any updates on his status?

Yeah I was wondering that too. I am assuming that we will get an update at some point this weekend on Greaves. It always causes havoc on the line when an O-Lineman goes down during the game. I was going "Oh no" when I saw Greaves go down. At least the Bombers struggled through the adversity and prevailed. I was impressed with Ottawa's O-Line play as well, pretty good for a bunch of cast-offs, and the rookie NI they have playing tackle did well too I thought.

I thought the o-line struggled when Greaves went down... any updates on his status?

Yeah I was wondering that too. I am assuming that we will get an update at some point this weekend on Greaves. It always causes havoc on the line when an O-Lineman goes down during the game. I was going "Oh no" when I saw Greaves go down. At least the Bombers struggled through the adversity and prevailed. I was impressed with Ottawa's O-Line play as well, pretty good for a bunch of cast-offs, and the rookie NI they have playing tackle did well too I thought.

Seemed like Goossen got a bit rattled after his penalty... but going up against Shologan plus Ottawa rotating so many fresh DL through, he did pretty well.  I would look at swapping Neufeld and Goossen if Greaves is out next week though

Seemed like Goossen got a bit rattled after his penalty... but going up against Shologan plus Ottawa rotating so many fresh DL through, he did pretty well.  I would look at swapping Neufeld and Goossen if Greaves is out next week though

They swapped Neufeld and Goosen later in the game last night. Neufeld moved at LG and Goosen at RG.

The one really good thing willy does is spread the ball around, did it last week, did it this week. 7 different receivers with 1 catch or more

Moore 5 for 88

Kelly 3 for 63

Grigsby had 2 for 50

Denmark 4 for 46

Kohlert 3 for 25. 

JFG had 3 for 21

Pontbriand even had 1 for  14

Can't really expect much more than that, that is called using all your weapons. i'll take that any day of the week over 1 or 2 guys having 10 catches and the others having none. I also think there will be a game or 2 this season where a guy like Kohlert is our leading receiver. Teams can't just key on one guy, they have to key on them all really. Thats 2 weeks in a row, pretty sure he threw the ball to 7 even 8 different guys last week too. Spreading the ball around like that is very good. 

Do we see Stoudemire go in as a returner/db/receiver?

or does cotton go in (if healthy) or ford and washington and or cotton (ford) are used to return kicks. Demond did a damn good job of it last night, that kick off return was huge.

The insertion of Demond Washington on that return was timely and a stroke of genius or luck?

I wonder if that was a ST change, a rotational move or Demond simply saying  4.gif"put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today, look at me, I can run …down the field"

I think Kelly is just limited in his ability to get open when he's not one on one... however that being said, when you're 6'5 and you run down the field you're always open, and with Willy showing a great touch on his deep ball and able to drop it right where it needs to be there's room for a tall receiver who has good hands. 

This.  He made a really strong catch coming into the field, I believe his first of the game, against zone that was very encouraging though.  If he can do that over 18 games, we'll be in good shape.  Interesting that he's exclusively playing slot so far.

Willy made the great pre-snap read on the blitz that left Kelly 1 on 1 for that bomb to close it out.  Teams might learn the hard way about Willy's ability to make a read and a throw.

The insertion of Demond Washington on that return was timely and a stroke of genius or luck?

I wonder if that was a ST change, a rotational move or Demond simply saying  4.gif"put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today, look at me, I can run …down the field"

He's usually the 2nd returner on kickoffs.

The big adjustment the Bombers made on kickoffs, and this was with Woods too after the first quarter, was to test the Redblacks contain to the width of the field rather than run behind the wedge.

The big adjustment the Bombers made on kickoffs, and this was with Woods too after the first quarter, was to test the Redblacks contain to the width of the field rather than run behind the wedge.

noticed that too, washington was actually on the field every time ottawa kicked off, they just kicked it to woods most times, the big return looked like ottawa kicked it to demond as woods was still on the field and made a decent block for demond down field. 

They flipped Washington and Woods on the TD so he would get the kick. Apparently he told O'Shea to put him there and he would take one back.

That's what I'm talking about.

I know there's always two returners, but Washington wanted that kick!