CFL's 10 players to keep an eye on in 2014

IC Khari

Surprised that not one of Toston, Steele or Cotton are on there.

My top 10 to watch ... in no particular order

Duron Carter

Jeff Fuller

Drew Willy

Zach Collaros

Paris Cotton

Keith Toston

Curtis Steele

John Chiles

Greg Ellingson

John White

I'd be lying if I said I won't be keeping an eye on Chad Johnson for more than a week. I think most football fans would be lying too.

I'm referring to the high probability that Johnson doesn't last more than a few weeks. You never know though ...

I'd be lying if I said I won't be keeping an eye on Chad Johnson for more than a week. I think most football fans would be lying too.

I'm referring to the high probability that Johnson doesn't last more than a few weeks. You never know though ...

Yeah exactly, something to keep an eye on. His failure would be a bigger story than if he were mediocre.

Duron Carter

Jeff Fuller

Drew Willy

Zach Collaros

Paris Cotton

Keith Toston

Curtis Steele

John Chiles

Greg Ellingson

John White

Are Toston, White, and Steele projected starters on their respective teams?

Duron Carter

Jeff Fuller

Drew Willy

Zach Collaros

Paris Cotton

Keith Toston

Curtis Steele

John Chiles

Greg Ellingson

John White

Are Toston, White, and Steele projected starters on their respective teams?

Following these situations closely for my fantasy team this year (and reading other teams forums), Toston  seems to be the early favourite in Saskatchewan. Tyler Thomas got more work and had better stats than John White in Edmonton, but White has more experience. I thought Steele looked the best in Toronto, but with him, Johnson, Slaton and Coombs all on the roster I have no guess at how it will play out.

I agree Durant's inclusion on this list is questionable... cfl.ca probably felt obligated to appease Rider nation, otherwise they'd scream bloody murder.... Durant will be fine this year, he still has one of the best o-lines in the league and a decent crop of receivers... 

I agree Durant's inclusion on this list is questionable... cfl.ca probably felt obligated to appease Rider nation, otherwise they'd scream bloody murder.... Durant will be fine this year, he still has one of the best o-lines in the league and a decent crop of receivers... 

Bad boy Taj Smith should have been on the list instead of Durant.  With Dressler and Sheets gone its up to him to be their "guy" now.

Bad boy Taj Smith should have been on the list instead of Durant.  With Dressler and Sheets gone its up to him to be their "guy" now.

Well I'll bet he's on the 'police watch list'

My list would consist of guys who were big news signings in the offseason, +/or could have an impact to the league (ie, stats, fan interest, TV viewership, future star, etc)

Willy (will he finally be the QB WPG has desperately been looking for)

Collaros (will Austin's gamble pay off?)

BLM/Tate (is BLM the future for Calgary, and will Tate be happy as #2)

Tory Smith (Heisman Trophy winner replacing HOF'er AC)

Chad Johnson (can a former NFL Superstar make an impact in the CFL at his age)

Nic Moore (big $$ signing...was it too much??)

John Chiles (potential #1 receiver in the league)

Jon Cornish (CFL rushing record???)

Lulay (will he be fully recovered and back to MVP form??... or will BC have to rely on Glenn all season)

Reilly (can he hold off a now completely recovered Matt Nichols)

and as a bonus...

Ricky Ray (can he surpass any passing records with the receivers he has at his disposal)

My list would consist of guys who were big news signings in the offseason, +/or could have an impact to the league (ie, stats, fan interest, TV viewership, future star, etc)

Willy (will he finally be the QB WPG has desperately been looking for)

Collaros (will Austin's gamble pay off?)

BLM/Tate (is BLM the future for Calgary, and will Tate be happy as #2)

Tory Smith (Heisman Trophy winner replacing HOF'er AC)

Chad Johnson (can a former NFL Superstar make an impact in the CFL at his age)

Nic Moore (big $$ signing...was it too much??)

John Chiles (potential #1 receiver in the league)

Jon Cornish (CFL rushing record???)

Lulay (will he be fully recovered and back to MVP form??... or will BC have to rely on Glenn all season)

Reilly (can he hold off a now completely recovered Matt Nichols)

and as a bonus...

Ricky Ray (can he surpass any passing records with the receivers he has at his disposal)

Best List Yet.

Top Ten 1

Drew Willy - There will be nothing finer than to watch the development of our bonafide QB for the year…finally.

Drew Tate - Got to see if Tate can bounce back this year, because to rely on BLM might lead the Stamps to an average year.

Nik Lewis - Carrying all that weight, I can see more subs for Lewis…and not necessarily the sandwiches.

Troy Smith - He will be the frontrunner in the race to be the first to be replaced, unless Pat White starts, then it will be close.

Duron Cater - Have to enjoy him this year 'cause he'll be a goner.

Paris Cotton - I mean what could be better than Paris in the summer? He will be Mr. Entertainment for us this year.

Mike Reilly - I'm pulling for him, he's good, but he just can't afford to get hit again like he did last year.

Zach Collaros - Is Mr. Escapable, capable of pulling the same results out of his hat/helmut?

Billy Peach - the Peach watch is officially on. Who makes the move to get him?

A tie. - between seeing the ugliness of Hugh O'Neil's beard and figuring where Bear Woods actually does go for relief.

Top Ten Bombers

Kuale….Leggett….Woods….B. Johnson….P Cotton….Banks….Kohlert….Lirim….Neufeld….Wild

Another ten to watch is the 1 gamed injured list of the Hamilton Ti-Cats and what they will do with them after the first game.

Most people would watch a train wreck if they knew where and when it was going to happen.  The Allouette's have their 18 potential train wrecks scheduled.