IGF seating

Hey all,

I'll be taking in my first games at IGF over the coming weeks as I'll be in Winnipeg for holidays. I didn't get the chance to attend any games last year so I'm not sure how the seating has changed compared to Canad Inns. I know section S sadly doesn't exist anymore - Are there any comparable sections in the new stadium, or places my friends and I can sit and not get awkward looks if we decide to stand up and cheer? Thanks in advance.

I really wish there was a definitive community answer on this.. the only reason I haven't bought Season Tickets is because I haven't found the "Section S Spirit" in any of the places I've sat. 

Where is everyone? :(

My section (201) is awesome... but I think it's all season ticket holders in our square of seats (rows 7 down are separate in the upper deck.)
Anything in upper deck on the East side should be a safe bet experience wise, if you want to go lower DO NOT sit near the South Side unless you want dirty looks for cheering loud from disgruntled parents who are dreading the bus ride back with their misbehaved children.  (I went down there for a different view late one game last year because it's close to the Park & Ride buses... never again.)

Hope you enjoy the new digs,hopefully the rainy season is over by the time you're in town, and most importantly I hope the Bumbers make it worth your while.

Cheers.

The south end zone seemed like a more tamed area, as far as drinking goes I mean.  Was there at the banjo bowl with the kids and it seemed fine.  And the view was good.  So this probably isn't the area you want to be in.  :D

Got a bunch of free tix through work last season, never in the same place, honestly, have to admit, the games i went too, sure most were later in the year but... everywhere we sat, thought it was a good time. Not a bad seat in the house as far as i'm concerned. I wasn't a huge fan of section S at the old stadium, i mean it was cool but, at the same time i liked watching the games too, don't get me wrong, it was fun to sit there but at times, found it a little too distracting. Seemed lots of people cared more about getting loaded then watching the game, that's fine, it's cool but... really haven't found that section yet in the new one. Odd to me that they would remove the student section at a stadium that is, well, its at a university where Yup students attend. 

I guess the issue i had with section S wasn't so much the younger people, that was cool, i was a younger person too, still am but... it did kind of strike me as odd when i saw some 40 and 50 year olds sitting there. I think that's what may have killed section s off, it was designed to be a student section right but... seems to me, lots of people there weren't students and well past the age of being a student. That hogan guy comes to mind. Dude was like 60. 

North end zone is a good party place and close to the Rum Hut and another bar.

Agreed, I was in the North-East upper deck last year and seemed to me that the North endzone is where the most action was... especially when we were getting blown out at halftime and a third of the stadium moved to the Rum Hut. I moved my seats down there this year, and I'm pretty sure it will be worth the extra cost.

Last year we sat with Coorsman Chad up in the north end zone and I couldn't get over how close to the action we were, even up at the top. Phenomenal seats everywhere. My only beef last year was how jammed the concourse gets before the game.

If you want to get the best view of the game, I'd sit anywhere in the upper deck, but be careful cause there are some obstructed seats there, mostly in the first couple rows at the front and around the walkways.

If you sit in the lower part of the lower bowl the view is not very good but you will be way closer to the field than you were at the old stadium.

Last year we sat with Coorsman Chad up in the north end zone and I couldn't get over how close to the action we were, even up at the top. Phenomenal seats everywhere. My only beef last year was how jammed the concourse gets before the game.

I hear you. I wanted to get a Shawarma Khan but gave up as the line was far too long.