Rookie Camp Day 3 (Reports and Discussion)

O'Shea isn't the only coach that doesn't allow his assistants talk to the media.  I know Huff doesn't in Calgary.  

His explanation made a lot of sense and quite frankly why shouldn't he be the single source of information.  I have absolutely no issue with it.      

I know Montreal didn't under Trestman. 

O'Shea isn't the only coach that doesn't allow his assistants talk to the media. I know Huff doesn't in Calgary.

His explanation made a lot of sense and quite frankly why shouldn't he be the single source of information. I have absolutely no issue with it.

I agree.. Why let the vultures get a chance to play he said he said with coaches and/or players and create a situation? I dont see why its an issue other then it makes it harder for a sports writer to find a story I suppose... No greasy tidbits from people accidentally slipping out..

O'Shea isn't the only coach that doesn't allow his assistants talk to the media.  I know Huff doesn't in Calgary.  

His explanation made a lot of sense and quite frankly why shouldn't he be the single source of information.  I have absolutely no issue with it.      

I really liked his explanation for it. I really do think O'Shea is going to be the kind of coach that the players will play for because early indications seem to me anyway that he will protect his players rather than doing the old Tim Burke toss them under the bus. Whether they're a good team or not I expect them to fight a hell of a lot harder this year than they did the past 2 years.