News Feed: Just Curious?

iso_55

Because then we have to go back and forth between this forum and the next.  Most people, I'm guessing, just want to read the one forum and not have to go back and forth.  All the football news is here.

This would be my reason, once in awhile I may check up on the other discussion forums, but 90% of the time I just use this one.

Why is it that no one ever comments about stories posted in News Feed? There's never any discussion. I've never understood that. 

I have, in the past, posted there and because it's not connected to 'new content', it doesn't show up as recent content and, as mentioned, it gets ignored when posters don't visit that part of the board. (it's so far, far away)

For instance, today Glenn January kinda spouts off in the Free Press and this is the content I replied with:

Glenn January talks about the players being excited to "see this process through" and he feels that the players he's contacted will vote overwhelmingly in favour of a strike. 

He maintains that he will be surprised if they don't get close to 90% yes vote.

Glenn January…be prepared to be surprised.

Who does he believe he is threatening by making these kind of statements?

And what kind of support does he think the fans will give them when they come out all hung ho to strike?

It doesn't matter who fired the 1st volley, they should just shut up and get back to the bargaining table.

To which Goalie replied:

Does January think he's a Canadian now and not an easily replaceable import tackle? 

Perhaps we can respond here, in this thread?

I've had varying feedback on the News Feed section.   Some people use it to get their news, others ignore it and just go to the newspaper sites themselves to read the news.

I will throw this out there as an option.  The news articles are just an RSS feed that the board takes and converts into forum posts.   I could just as easily add a new area (maybe under the new content box on the main page or under the Twitter feed in the forums) that has links to the articles and if people want to talk about them they could post topics on the main board.

I've had varying feedback on the News Feed section.   Some people use it to get their news, others ignore it and just go to the newspaper sites themselves to read the news.

I will throw this out there as an option.  The news articles are just an RSS feed that the board takes and converts into forum posts.   I could just as easily add a new area (maybe under the new content box on the main page or under the Twitter feed in the forums) that has links to the articles and if people want to talk about them they could post topics on the main board.

I'd like to see us discussing stories so I'd be for whatever gets talk going in that section, Rich. It just seems like kind of a waste now which I think is too bad. 

I'd like to see us discussing stories so I'd be for whatever gets talk going in that section, Rich. It just seems like kind of a waste now which I think is too bad. 

I agree with this as I have seen many stories that are worthy of discussion, but because they are "an aside" they go without the proper discourse from the talented folks, here, on this site.

If it's newsworthy and worth discussing, I assume it would make it to the main board.

Seems simple, so I ask you this,,, this morning, I read and commented on an article about one of our own team members…Glenn January, and his comments.

Then I return after 8 hours or so, to find no one seems to have read the article, or have incorporated into any outstanding threads.

Comments such as these:

"I've talked to the guys and there's a lot of guys very excited about seeing this process through," January said in a telephone interview Wednesday.

"I don't think there's any question we will have a yes to a strike vote and I'd be surprised if it's not close to 90 per cent."

He's one of our own, I would have though his comments were newsworthy and worth discussing.

If it's newsworthy and worth discussing, I assume it would make it to the main board.

Lots of times it doesn't. Goes ignored.

See my second post above.

Can't help but notice you didn't "do" as your second post says... :)

Seems simple, so I ask you this,,, this morning, I read and commented on an article about one of our own team members…Glenn January, and his comments.

Then I return after 8 hours or so, to find no one seems to have read the article, or have incorporated into any outstanding threads.

Comments such as these:

"I've talked to the guys and there's a lot of guys very excited about seeing this process through," January said in a telephone interview Wednesday.

"I don't think there's any question we will have a yes to a strike vote and I'd be surprised if it's not close to 90 per cent."

He's one of our own, I would have though his comments were newsworthy and worth discussing.

To be honest... I don't read news articles in general.  Don't have the time.  But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the strike vote, which rookies can't partake in, would be close to 90%.  If that were in the main board, I'd assume people would just call him greedy etc etc.

One of the first things I do in the morning is read the Wpg FP online at work...usually around 8am, because I'm obsessive compulsive like that....and I just assume that if it's newsworthy, someone will post it in the main forum. I rarely go anywhere but the main discussion forum. Occasionally I'll jump over to the General Discussion if I'm REALLY bored and the tubes are being lame, but it's pretty much just here or nowhere.

One of the first things I do in the morning is read the Wpg FP online at work...usually around 8am, because I'm obsessive compulsive like that....and I just assume that if it's newsworthy, someone will post it in the main forum. I rarely go anywhere but the main discussion forum. Occasionally I'll jump over to the General Discussion if I'm REALLY bored and the tubes are being lame, but it's pretty much just here or nowhere.

The tubes?  Explain.