Cfl And Canada Day Weekend

So here we are on the eve of the 146th birthday of this great country and it got me to thinking. The CFL is so high on having the opening weekend be the Canada Day weekend for its various reason's. But with that being the case why is there not any CFL football on the holiday Monday of the weekend. 

Just something to ponder as everyone goes out to enjoy the birth of this great country.

Have a good weekend.

But if they insist on starting it this weekend then why not at least have 1 game this weekend. Sure there is a short turn around but they do it throughout the season why not this weekend. If they are not going to do anything with the weekend then raises the question as to why does the season start so late so that we end up ending the season well into November.

I remember not that long ago that the season was ending in around Remembrance day and not near the end of the month. Just saying with the shorter summers we have in Canada why not use them. 

But if they insist on starting it this weekend then why not at least have 1 game this weekend. Sure there is a short turn around but they do it throughout the season why not this weekend. If they are not going to do anything with the weekend then raises the question as to why does the season start so late so that we end up ending the season well into November.

I remember not that long ago that the season was ending in around Remembrance day and not near the end of the month. Just saying with the shorter summers we have in Canada why not use them. 

Who cares if the season ends in late November??? Having the Grey Cup when we do is just fine. Playoff games are well attended. Having the Grey Cup the last Sunday in November is a tradition.