Reactions around the CFL re: O'Shea hire

Mike

When Miller was first hired, he said he likes to work fast, and that next year's Blue Bombers would not resemble last year's. I'll take a CEO any day that has accomplished what Miller has accomplished in a short period of time, and ditto for Kyle Walters. 

For the first time in a long time, there's a lot of hope for this team. Without hope, what do you have?

Miller in my mind hasn't accomplished a great deal, but I'll give him credit for accomplishing two things: The fan base is excited again about the Bombers, and we have hired an HC from outside of the organization that we are receiving praise for from other CFL cities.

Guess you kind of forgot about beefing up the scouting staff with good people, and making Walters the "official" GM

When Miller was first hired, he said he likes to work fast, and that next year's Blue Bombers would not resemble last year's. I'll take a CEO any day that has accomplished what Miller has accomplished in a short period of time, and ditto for Kyle Walters. 

For the first time in a long time, there's a lot of hope for this team. Without hope, what do you have?

Miller in my mind hasn't accomplished a great deal, but I'll give him credit for accomplishing two things: The fan base is excited again about the Bombers, and we have hired an HC from outside of the organization that we are receiving praise for from other CFL cities.

Not praise. The media here in Calgary snickers & are for the most part disbelievers at all the hirings. They don't believe they can turn the team around. I think the rest of the league falls into that category because of the youth & inexperience. The Stamps fanbase on both fan sites feel sorry for Bomber fans. Most think we are great fans that deserve a lot better. 

But sports media and fans in Calgary are all ******* ******* so I wouldn't put any stock into their opinions. I actually saw someone in a Calgary paper back in 2006 make the claim that Dion Phaneuf was just as good as Chris Pronger. 

Not praise. The media here in Calgary snickers & are for the most part disbelievers at all the hirings. They don't believe they can turn the team around. I think the rest of the league falls into that category because of the youth & inexperience. The Stamps fanbase on both fan sites feel sorry for Bomber fans. Most think we are great fans that deserve a lot better. 

But sports media and fans in Calgary are all ******* ******* so I wouldn't put any stock into their opinions. I actually saw someone in a Calgary paper back in 2006 make the claim that Dion Phaneuf was just as good as Chris Pronger. 

Some guys are okay here. I'd put Mark Stephen in the column of being  a very good, well informed & balanced CFL broadcaster like Bob Irving is. He's pretty balanced except when it comes to the Riders whose fans drive him crazy like they do all of us. His partner on CHQR Jock Wilson can be a ****** at times but I get the impression that he wants to be that way.

You can say that about any hire. Could have 20 years HC experience they don't automatically win just because they have been there before.

Even Buono ?

Wally's always had a qb right from the beginning going back to 1990 when he started with the Stampeders. That year he had Gilbert Renfroe & Danny Barrett, then in 1991 Doug Flutie, followed by Jeff Garcia, Dave Dickenson, &  a hot Marcus Crandell the last half of 2001 when he won the Grey Cup. Then in BC he had Casey Printers, Dave Dickenson, a healthy Buck Pierce & finally Travis Lulay. So, he's always had someone at least capable throwing  the football in over 20 years coaching in the CFL.The winningest head coach in CFL history proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that always having someone is who is at the very least, capable of  throwing the football made him the winningest head coach in CFL history.