My Thoughts

I did not attend the game but living in the South, I went for a drive at 6:15.  CJOB reported traffic moving steadily but within a few minutes that had changed.

Transit under-estimated the amount of bus users (which is hilarious) and it seemed like a lot of fans were not aware of the fact only passholders could access the campus as many cars being turned around.

It would help if they had cadets working the main intersections as traffic was stopping in the middle of the intrsection while trying to beat the light and blocking cross-traffic.  That created headaches (busses were doing this too - Bus 465 Im looking at you).  Some people took to running red lights.  It got nasty.

I suspect this all improves dramatically in time once people get used to everything.  It was nice seeing so many people walking from Pembina but for those occasional stormy games, that might not be as good.

I listened to the game and the most glaring thing to me was Doug Brown sucks.  Wow, is he bad.  You can tell he is not a professional broadcastor.  He tries way too hard to show everyone how smart and witty he is.  He talks too much, uses too many words to make a point and was proud to be negative.  He was hard to listen to.  I hope CJOB cuts him.  he would get an idea for a big word and try to use it and either use it wrong or lose track of where he was going and Bob would have to save him.  Bye bye Doug.

DB97 doesn't suck, he's just  negative. I know everyone likes a homer, but Brown was clearly upset with how poorly the team played. It's REALLY tough for some people to still be that close to the team (...in a lot of ways, I'm sure he still feels like he's just an injured teammate for these guys...) and have to watch them play like that. Tough to remain positive. There's nothing he said that was wrong, it was just really really negative. I've been there...it's not an easy gig.

Nope.  He sucks.  If he is so emotionally attached to the team that he takes a giant dump on them when they play poorly then I dont want to hear it.  Im not saying be a homer at all times, but Bob has no problem calling what he sees without sounding like a ****.

And thats not the issue.  When Doug is providing insight, thats fine.  But he tries too hard, uses too many words, uses big words for no reason and often gets it wrong or confuses himself.

Im sure the Bombers dont appreciate their rights holder constantly trashing certain things like the traffic either.  We get it, it sucked.  Dont beat a dead horse.

Much prefer the other guy...

Nope.  He sucks.  If he is so emotionally attached to the team that he takes a giant dump on them when they play poorly then I dont want to hear it.  Im not saying be a homer at all times, but Bob has no problem calling what he sees without sounding like a ****.

And thats not the issue.  When Doug is providing insight, thats fine.  But he tries too hard, uses too many words, uses big words for no reason and often gets it wrong or confuses himself.

Im sure the Bombers dont appreciate their rights holder constantly trashing certain things like the traffic either.  We get it, it sucked.  Dont beat a dead horse.

Much prefer the other guy...

I like what he *COULD* add to a broadcast .. he just needs to talk like an everyman .. don't try to sound smart .. really .. it's Communication 101 .. know your audience .. speak their language ..

He was awful last night. Didn't appreciate his waking up from a coma remark during the post game show or the lipstick on a pig comment after Brent Carter's last play catch... In reference to Irving showing happiness with the effort Carter put in last night. Irving was getting exasperated with him at times. He needs to take that huge chip off his shoulder.

Brown was just awful last night...criticism is fine, especially when the team was playing badly, but he crossed a line in my opinion. Also it's a preseason game and he was unhappy with all the players moving in and out of the lineup. Truthfully at one point I had to question whether he knew what the point of the preseason is.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Bob who questioned the significant rotation on the DLine. Doug basically said, "This is what they do"

It was 100% Mitch who questioned the rotation , claiming that the guys could not get into a groove since they kept going on and off the field.

Brown was just awful last night...criticism is fine, especially when the team was playing badly, but he crossed a line in my opinion. Also it's a preseason game and he was unhappy with all the players moving in and out of the lineup. Truthfully at one point I had to question whether he knew what the point of the preseason is.

Well they did say he never played in the preseason so he's probably clueless. ;)

Bleh, Doug was probably just saying it how it is and people weren't liking what they were hearing. Too bad!

No, that isn't it at all. Doug was acting like a tool on the air. When you say "probably" to me that means you never heard what he was said. I've heard better analysis on high school & junior games on radio. As someone said, we don't expect CJOB to be cheerleaders. But we don't need to  be told over &  over by him that the game sucked either. We know it sucked. As a listener, we expect CJOB to be pros in the booth. Brown was all about himself.

Bleh, Doug was probably just saying it how it is and people weren't liking what they were hearing. Too bad!

No Mitch was complaining that the guys were switching on and off the field and Doug pointed out to Mitch that is how the Bombers d have been playing over the last 2 seasons and it's simply how Burke runs his d-line.