Argos @ Ticats

Jacquie

Cleyon Laing is lookin pretty good - another 2nd round 2012 pick that worked out...  good thing Sleepy Joe packaged our 8 and 13 for Pencer...

If I remember correctly, no one had Laing on their radar when he was selected in the second round. A reach is still a reach whether they end up playing well or not.

Cleyon Laing is lookin pretty good - another 2nd round 2012 pick that worked out...  good thing Sleepy Joe packaged our 8 and 13 for Pencer...

If I remember correctly, no one had Laing on their radar when he was selected in the second round. A reach is still a reach whether they end up playing well or not.

Laing, Hurl and Lavoie were all 'off the board'... but fact remains that the entire second round ended up contributing to their teams in some manner, even if it was as trade bait.

Heard the exact same reasoning from Mack that it was a 'weak draft' with only two or three premium players...  sure hoping that 2013 is different.

If Ray isn't lighting it up throwing you can really see how his complete lack of running is a liability. The Argos offense was playing 11 on 12 the entire game as the Ti Cat defense didn't have to account for him. Today, the downside of Ray's game really showed. As in the lack of him taking the ball & run. Ray was okay throwing the football but not outstanding.

If Ray isn't lighting it up throwing you can really see how his complete lack of running is a liability. The Argos offense was playing 11 on 12 the entire game as the Ti Cat defense didn't have to account for him. Today, the downside of Ray's game really showed. As in the lack of him taking the ball & run. Ray was okay throwing the football but not outstanding.

Most QB's don't win their first game back after injury. This one went right down to the wire...

And where has Lavoie been this year? Hurl is a good special teams player but how much value does he actually have?

Lavoie was the rookie of the year before the back injury...  Hurl is injured too...  Pencer couldn't win the job from Morely...

Just saying that giving up Courtney Stephen (starting safety...) and Rockhill (who was packaged for Wojt and then signed after EDM cut him!)... not sure that was worth Pencer... not sure Westerman was even worth that.  Oh wait, Buono gave up less to scoop him...

And where has Lavoie been this year? Hurl is a good special teams player but how much value does he actually have?

Lavoie was the rookie of the year before the back injury...  

Lavoie wouldn't have won rookie of the year. A fullback doesn't win it over a 1,000+ yard receiver.

Is he related to Patrick Swayze?

I think they said he is distantly related to him. His grandmother or great-grandmother's maiden name was Swayze.

Lavoie was the rookie of the year before the back injury...  

Lavoie wouldn't have won rookie of the year. A fullback doesn't win it over a 1,000+ yard receiver.

Is he related to Patrick Swayze?

I think they said he is distantly related to him. His grandmother or great-grandmother's maiden name was Swayze.

and no one put her in a corner either.

I actually called TSN today & spoke to a guy in PR about the public address announcer almost drowning out Cuthbert & Suitor yesterday. And just how annoying it was to have to listen to that guy screaming out of my television. Anyway, the guy at TSN said they are receiving a lot of complaints about that & the productuion crew will make adjustments next game in Guelph so it won't be so bad. I then asked him about what TSN is going to do about Rod Black? He asked me to explain myself. I said he needs to be replaced because he is terrible & CFL fans hate the guy. He had no answer.

I actually called TSN today & spoke to a guy in PR about the public address announcer almost drowning out Cuthbert & Suitor yesterday. And just how annoying it was to have to listen to that guy screaming out of my television. Anyway, the guy at TSN said they are receiving a lot of complaints about that & the productuion crew will make adjustments next game in Guelph so it won't be so bad. I then asked him about what TSN is going to do about Rod Black? He asked me to explain myself. I said he needs to be replaced because he is terrible & CFL fans hate the guy. He had no answer.

I literally spit my drink out on that last part lol

The Rod Black thing was funny. The guy literally went silent for about 10 seconds. He then said that he wasn't able to discuss on air personalities. I said okay then, put me through to someone who can. He said he couldn't as he is the one who speaks to people who call. Nice way to deflect criticism.