Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NHL Draft 2026

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Tony Fresco said:

I love the Bjork pick, but just to clarify, Frondell is a Chicago prospect (played a handful of NHL games this year), Anton Lundell is the player Florida won’t trade. Easy to confuse. And Frondell is a good player, 2 years older than Bjork and oversizes Viggo at 6’1, 198.

Frondell was also a

Yea,thanks selected 3 overall by the black hawks,thanks for the correction. 😊

Second round - who cares, Jets have no pick.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

19 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Viggo Bjorck is the pick.

What’s the prognosis on how long till he’s NHL ready? As Homer Simpson would say but I want it now.

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What’s the prognosis on how long till he’s NHL ready? As Homer Simpson would say but I want it now.

Saw one analysis that said he could be our 2C as early as 2027/28. Kind of flies in the face of the Jets preference to slowly develop but we'll see.

First of 2 7th round picks was an interesting one - 6'2 D named Alofa Tunoa Ta'amu. Son of a former NFL O-lineman and he describes himself as a tank on wheels.

If he doesn't pan out for the Jets, maybe the Bombers can take a look at him.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What’s the prognosis on how long till he’s NHL ready? As Homer Simpson would say but I want it now.

I heard one analyst say he could play next year, but I think that's not realistic. He's eligible to stay in Sweden or play for the Moose I believe. 2027 is very plausible.

Edited by Tony Fresco

2 hours ago, Tony Fresco said:

I heard one analyst say he could play next year, but I think that's not realistic. He's eligible to stay in Sweden or play for the Moose I believe. 2027 is very plausible.

FWIW, Jets head scout also believes he could NHL ready next year and will be given a chance to prove it.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

FWIW, Jets head scout also believes he could NHL ready next year and will be given a chance to prove it.

I don’t know…. There’s a lot of competition for the 2C spot… Said no one. This kid should be given every opportunity to crack the lineup. It’s a big ask, but the bar from last season is incredibly low.

6 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

I don’t know…. There’s a lot of competition for the 2C spot… Said no one. This kid should be given every opportunity to crack the lineup. It’s a big ask, but the bar from last season is incredibly low.

Agreed but historically that's not how this team usually handles their draft picks. I really hope he gets the chance to crack the line up.

Also why rush him and potentially ruin him? If it's better for his future to play in Sweden for a year, then so be it...

19 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Saw one analysis that said he could be our 2C as early as 2027/28. Kind of flies in the face of the Jets preference to slowly develop but we'll see.

People think jets gonna give him 9 games this year to show he’s ready now. I wouldn’t doubt it. Dude played against men at the worlds. All I needed to hear was Sidney Crosby showing Viggo some love. That’s good enough for me. I think there’s a very real possibility that he’s our 2 C this coming season. You know, lots of reports I saw had Viggo top 5. Most I saw had him going above Carels even. Later ones had Daxon Rudolph going above Carels also and Reid and smits.

Think Carels and Viggo would have been ideal but I think if we had pick 4, we prob taking Viggo also then a D at 8 if we kept it (rumored buff offered package including 4 for Helle and 8 and jets said no. Jets weren’t trading 8. If Buffalo said 4 and whatever packake they offered for Helle, at 8 we taking the D.

Chevy was looking for the 2 C here. Viggo could be the best one out of this draft in the end.

Us at 4 take Viggo, 5 Smits 6 Rudolph probably instead 7. Reid 8. Carels. Either way we going D and one of those 4 plus Verehoff is available to us at 8.

Edited by Goalie

Now trade Helle to Buffalo along with Iafallo for Doane and future picks or prospect and we throw in lambert (asked for trade last year)

Connor scheif Vilardi

Perfetti Viggo Doane

Barron Yager Rosen

Koepke Lowry Nino (cuz vet )

Buyout names. Chibrikov 13th forward.

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

Also why rush him and potentially ruin him? If it's better for his future to play in Sweden for a year, then so be it...

Well, of course. No one is saying force him into the lineup whether he’s ready or not. Hopefully he practices and plays so well, it forces their hands.

59 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Well, of course. No one is saying force him into the lineup whether he’s ready or not. Hopefully he practices and plays so well, it forces their hands.

Nobody is gonna rush him but if he’s ready he’s ready. Guys ranked top 5 consistently and who play against men at 18 don’t normally need more time in Europe.

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Never that close really. Buffalo wanted pick 8 with Helle. Jets were never going to do that.

if Buffalo wanted Helle that bad, they don’t ask for pick 8 also when their offer included a lesser goalie (upl) and a defensively poor scoring winger (jack Quinn) That’s ridiculous.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.