Game 52 : @ Dillon! You son of a...

The national media sure lets the Jets fly under the radar. They don't give a care about the team. In Calgary, we barely see them on tv. No mention of the Jets out here. Whenever I do see an ad on Sportsnet, every other Canadian NHL team is shown but never Winnipeg. To go into Vancouver & knock one of the better teams off at home is a big deal but it'll be underplayed. The Jets got lucky. All the bounces went their way.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The national media sure lets the Jets fly under the radar. They don't give a care about the team. In Calgary, we barely see them on tv. No mention of the Jets out here. Whenever I do see an ad on Sportsnet, every other Canadian NHL team is shown but never Winnipeg. To go into Vancouver & knock one of the better teams off at home is a big deal but it'll be underplayed. The Jets got lucky. All the bounces went their way.

Ahhhh Jets got lucky? Sure some bounces went our way but that game didn’t feel like we lucked out in winning. It felt like a playoff game that we made more plays than they did to win the game.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ahhhh Jets got lucky? Sure some bounces went our way but that game didn’t feel like we lucked out in winning. It felt like a playoff game that we made more plays than they did to win the game.

Not me, I'm talking about the national media. They'll probably say the Jets got lucky. You have to live outside Winnipeg to see just how badly the Jets are ignored. It's like they don't exist. I'll give you an example. In Calgary, we have Sportsnet West. The Oilers & Flames aren't playing. The Jets have a game. What do I see in Calgary? Should be the Jets game, right? Nope. they'll show us Boston at Minnesota. Totally sucks.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not me, I'm talking about the national media. They'll probably say the Jets got lucky. You have to live outside Winnipeg to see just how badly the Jets are ignored. It's like they don't exist. I'll give you an example. In Calgary, we have Sportsnet West. The Oilers & Flames aren't playing. The Jets have a game. What do I see in Calgary? Should be the Jets game, right? Nope. they'll show us Boston at Minnesota. Totally sucks.

You can thank Gary Bettman and the NHL on that one. They greatly restrict access (i.e gotta pay and not just to watch the Jets play but have to buy packages that include teams I couldn’t care less about) if I want to watch any teams who reside outside the province I live in.

They consider the Oilers/Flames my home teams.

Nope I just happen to reside in Alberta.
My home team is Winnipeg.

16 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You can thank Gary Bettman and the NHL on that one. They greatly restrict access (i.e gotta pay and not just to watch the Jets play but have to buy packages that include teams I couldn’t care less about) if I want to watch any teams who reside outside the province I live in.

They consider the Oilers/Flames my home teams.

Nope I just happen to reside in Alberta.
My home team is Winnipeg.

Yet, we'll always see the Leafs. And in every intermission they discuss the same team. Even if they aren't playing. 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Tyler Meyers complaining it was like playing two teams last night along with RT upset with the officiating? 

Hmmmmmmm. I musta been watching a different game even after taking my homer glasses off. It’s not like we’re saints but sure glad TM ain’t no longer wearing a Jet uni. 

https://www.msn.com/en-CA/sports/icehockey_nhl/pinning-canucks-loss-on-referees-discredits-more-composed-jets/ar-BB1isvrA?ocid=sapphireappshare

• FrostyWinnipeg changed the title to Game 52 : @ Dillon! You son of a...
2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yup live in Kelowna. Winnipeg has an NHL team? Since when?

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yup live in Kelowna. Winnipeg has an NHL team? Since when?

Sad. Even that promo Sportsnet has for goalscorers. Who'll get 60, I believe? Of course, it's all about Auston Matthews. But who else do you see? Well, Quinn Hughes, Connor McDavid & Johnny ******* Gaudreau??? Gaudreau??? He plays for Columbus. No Jets. No Kyle Connor. No Mark Scheifle. Well, **** Sportsnet. **** Gaudreau & **** Toronto.