GDT Game 1 @Calgary

iHeart

Post Games Notes...

Some will hate this but anyone think it was too soon for the Snow family to drop the puck? It's only been 2 weeks and it reminded me of Jake G having a panic attack in the movie Stronger.

Speaking of panicking, hey it's only game 1..relax! Enough of the "it's time to tank" talk, save that for later.

KFC with another season opener goal. Ties NHL record with 6 straight?

No...not Kelly Hrudey on colour!!! Off to great start calling Scheifele "Mike" and saying he had a great year 🤦‍♂️

Speaking of 55 or is that 8.55, just when I think I have not heard his name, he scores a gritty goal.

Iafallo was solid. That poke at the blue line 🥰 

Nino so many chances! Or maybe it was Gabriel 🤷‍♂️ 

I liked the 4th line a lot. Captain Barron! /me raises leg. Hard to believe he was under 9 minutes.
Namesy seems almost too good for 4th line but he needs to stop skating backwards.
Kupari(the one LAK who I thought might not make lineup) feels like a young Namesy, which is a good thing right. Then someone said Burmistrov and I nodded. Time will tell. Good speed though.
Best 4th line since Little centered it late 2018? 

Ehlers injured again?!? and it's his own fault. Who jumps in the glass like that? This is not MSG and their flakey glass.

Fancy stats: DeMelo +3, five others at -2 and yes Schmidt was one. Perfetti 27% at faceoffs :o

Let's talk about Kevin...er Nate...yes bad but that whole sequence with the icing was bad to start.

Like the defence, the Sour Play is back with no changes. 0/4

I thought Helle was fine.

And I leave you with these silver linings...

We are tied with the Oilers!

PLD gonna get suspended

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Schmidt's gaffe might be the result.of no training camp.  His conditioning is not there.  Regardless still a terrible decision.

Perfetti didn't look great imo, but maybe he just needs more reps.

Iafallo is gonna be great with Lowry and Appleton.   Slide Barron in there when needed and thats a fantastic checking line.

Jets looked good but losing a game again in the last 2 mins of the game needs to stop. 

Hopefully the home opener we see improvement on what we saw in Calgary.  Home crowd will be a boost for them.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Kelly Hrudey is absolutely atrocious at Colour. Love him as a panelist.... on Colour. Woooof.... just really bad at communicating his thoughts. 

Yea I think he mentioned Markstrom ridding his demons about 497 times thru the broadcast. I get he's a former goaltender but as a bias Jet fan it became real tired real quick. 

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yea I think he mentioned Markstrom ridding his demons about 497 times thru the broadcast. I get he's a former goaltender but as a bias Jet fan it became real tired real quick. 

anytime you have the other team's regional broadcast team doing your game.... it's going to be tough. But over and above that, he's just not good at communicating in the moment.