Game 68 @ Buffalo

iHeart

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

25 minutes of play and Hellebuyck being a brick wall was enough tonight to get two big points. Stats say Buffalo had more giveaways (8-6) but it sure didn’t look that way. But 2 points is 2 points at this time of year. 

8-6 definitely seems off… Wheeler had 6 on his own.

Nice to get the 2 points, especially with two key contributors out of the lineup.

I’m a huuuge homer when it comes to the Jets but I can completely understand the frustration Anderson and fans showed after Wheelers ‘filthy’ winning shootout goal. I’m not a fan of how players are almost coming to a complete stop waiting for the goalie to make a move then easily put it away. Doesn’t seem right to me.

49 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m a huuuge homer when it comes to the Jets but I can completely understand the frustration Anderson and fans showed after Wheelers ‘filthy’ winning shootout goal. I’m not a fan of how players are almost coming to a complete stop waiting for the goalie to make a move then easily put it away. Doesn’t seem right to me.

If I recall correctly,  McDavid (or someone else) used to do something similar on his shootouts for a while.  While technically the skater is moving forward, it's a disadvantage for the goalie.

3 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

If I recall correctly,  McDavid (or someone else) used to do something similar on his shootouts for a while.  While technically the skater is moving forward, it's a disadvantage for the goalie.

Huge disadvantage and you don’t have to be a professional hockey coach/player to make that assertion. 

The rules have been tweaked to not allow spinoramas, second shots, stopping, puck going backwards, etc. So the refs do watch to see if forward progress stops. Only other thing I could think would be to put a shot clock on, but as long as they feel he was moving forward, goal should be OK. I remember Danny Heatley trying that move against Steve Mason in a Jets year one game in Minnesota. Mason just stood there and Heatley ran out of space and shot it into his pads. Can look great a la Patrick Kane or can look really foolish. 

39 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

It's totally a Patrick Kane move. He does it all the time.