Game 32 : @ Vancouver

12 hours ago, JCon said:

Eventually, the Oilers will win the SC with McDavid. Even an org as incompetent and undeserving as they are, McDavid will drag them to a championship. It's why they're loathed so much. So undeserving. 

If the NHL operated like European soccer, the Oilers would have been relegated to the WHL, not been given 1st round draft picks for losing.

Just now, captaincanuck12 said:

As much as I loathe the Oilers,seeing McDavid in an Olympic Team Canada uniform is gonna be awesome.

Yeah, I just shut down the part of my brain that recognizes colours when I watch him. He's just so, so good. Amazing to just watch move around the ice with and without the puck. 

there's a lot to like about CMcD..... he's insanely talented......but he's also got the right personality/attitude. He's not a whiner like Crosby has been his whole career. McDavid is just a "nose down, work hard, shut your mouth" kid. He's everything you like to see in a Canadian hockey player. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there's a lot to like about CMcD..... he's insanely talented......but he's also got the right personality/attitude. He's not a whiner like Crosby has been his whole career. McDavid is just a "nose down, work hard, shut your mouth" kid. He's everything you like to see in a Canadian hockey player. 

I agree. I don't really have a problem with Crosby being a whiner, though. His whining is correct, IMO. Just like the skilled players before him, he has played with so much obstruction and interference through his career, it's crazy. CMcD doesn't complain the same way but he deals with the same thing and the NHL just won't actually enforce the rules. 

10 hours ago, JCon said:

I agree. I don't really have a problem with Crosby being a whiner, though. His whining is correct, IMO. Just like the skilled players before him, he has played with so much obstruction and interference through his career, it's crazy. CMcD doesn't complain the same way but he deals with the same thing and the NHL just won't actually enforce the rules. 

Yeah, obstruction penalties in the NHL are like  holding in the CFL - a few token calls to pretend they care...