Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Jets were bad first period then turned it on.  PLD rounding into form.  Healthy Wheeler.  Would like to see Heinola more but Niku was great on that second Connor goal and had a good night.  We just need some consistency.  3 game win streak is nice!

Another sluggish start but a strong second period redeemed that. The better team ended up winning - and cleanly.

Oh, and **** Corey Perry. What a pile of turds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Jets were bad first period then turned it on.  PLD rounding into form.  Healthy Wheeler.  Would like to see Heinola more but Niku was great on that second Connor goal and had a good night.  We just need some consistency.  3 game win streak is nice!

Niku was very good, so you can expect him to be reassigned to the taxi squad. 

 

Heinola is playing big minutes with the Moose. I would rather see him there with lots of minutes touching the puck, than splitting time at the NHL level, on and off the roster. 

 

Edited by JCon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Strong come back and win, after another sluggish start.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Beaulieu’s terrible play on Montreal’s 3rd goal.  Talk about a fish out of water... Just a crazy awkward attempt to... I’m not even sure what he was attempting to do.  That goal came right after we finally got on the board, so it could have been a real momentum killer. No idea how he gets paired with Morrissey.  I’m not hating on him, but he’s not a top 4 defender.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Strong come back and win, after another sluggish start.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Beaulieu’s terrible play on Montreal’s 3rd goal.  Talk about a fish out of water... Just a crazy awkward attempt to... I’m not even sure what he was attempting to do.  That goal came right after we finally got on the board, so it could have been a real momentum killer. No idea how he gets paired with Morrissey.  I’m not hating on him, but he’s not a top 4 defender.

Yes I am surprised too. That play was downright embarrassing.  Beaulieu isn't very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Strong come back and win, after another sluggish start.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Beaulieu’s terrible play on Montreal’s 3rd goal.  Talk about a fish out of water... Just a crazy awkward attempt to... I’m not even sure what he was attempting to do.  That goal came right after we finally got on the board, so it could have been a real momentum killer. No idea how he gets paired with Morrissey.  I’m not hating on him, but he’s not a top 4 defender.

I thought the first period was OK but too many “cute” passes and the two mistakes they made ended up in the back of their net. First half of the second period was their ugliest stretch, but the talent finally shone through. Hate these repeated 3-1 deficits though. This is not a sustainable strategy. 
As for Beaulieu, he should be a 3rd pairing defenceman at best, but I am more worried that Morrissey is the real problem. Whether it is trying to live up to the contract, or that not having Trouba at his side has exposed him, but he is looking bad to me. I see the coach trying to find a bigger partner for him to allow him to not be so rushed, so Beaulieu fits the Bill there, but I would prefer to see Forbert, who has been a pleasant surprise and keeps the game simpler, paired up with him. Pionk is playing very well but he and Morrissey would be too small a pairing, and DeMelo will get the inexperienced partner because again he can simplify things. Maybe if Stanley could pair with Pionk then Forbert could join Morrissey, but that is a lot of inexperience on the back end then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I thought the first period was OK but too many “cute” passes and the two mistakes they made ended up in the back of their net. First half of the second period was their ugliest stretch, but the talent finally shone through. Hate these repeated 3-1 deficits though. This is not a sustainable strategy. 
As for Beaulieu, he should be a 3rd pairing defenceman at best, but I am more worried that Morrissey is the real problem. Whether it is trying to live up to the contract, or that not having Trouba at his side has exposed him, but he is looking bad to me. I see the coach trying to find a bigger partner for him to allow him to not be so rushed, so Beaulieu fits the Bill there, but I would prefer to see Forbert, who has been a pleasant surprise and keeps the game simpler, paired up with him. Pionk is playing very well but he and Morrissey would be too small a pairing, and DeMelo will get the inexperienced partner because again he can simplify things. Maybe if Stanley could pair with Pionk then Forbert could join Morrissey, but that is a lot of inexperience on the back end then. 

I agree that Morrissey hasn’t been what we have grown to expect, but I think a lot of that has to do with him having to constantly adjust to a new partner.  It’s been musical chairs beside him all year and I think he’s trying to do too much.  We all know he has the skill... Maybe give him a partner and stick with it, so they can build some chemistry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...