World Junior Championships 2021

• FrostyWinnipeg changed the title to World Junior Championships 2021
8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So did they send the players over knowing they were positive? Else the bubble broke.

all extremely relevant and concerning questions. Germans with 8 positive players.......so, of course, who does Canada play in Game 1 on the 26th.................?

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

That’s an embarrassing win for Canada. I know reigning in the energy of young guys like that is difficult, but c’mon, it was like kicking a weaker opponent when they’re down. 
No pride for me in that win.

Embarrassing?  Hardly.  Did I feel bad for the Germans?  Yes, but what are the Canadians supposed to do?  Just dump the puck in?  Not try at all?  To me, that would be way more disrespectful.  After the 1st few goals, the Canadian kids stopped their usual celebrations.  That’s good enough.  Canada is prepping for a long run to the finals, hopefully, so they’d be doing themselves a disservice to not play their game.

17 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Germans were forced to play short-handed and 2 nights in a row. That’s on the WJH org. But if ever there was a chance to try different line combinations, this was it.

There is no sportsmanship in a game like that.

I heard the Germans had an opportunity to tweak their schedule and opted not to.  They knew their first 2 games were likely loses, regardless.

I have no idea what you mean by ‘no sportsmanship in a game like that’.  What would you have team Canada do?  Let up and risk injury?  If they won 8-2, would that make you feel better?  Because if either German goalie could make a few routine saves or not cough the puck up, that may have happened. I just don’t get this narrative that the Canadians did anything unsportsmanlike.  It’s ridiculous.