Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Winnipeg Thread

All things newsworthy about the 'peg. The good and the bad. Okay mostly bad.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 149.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am mildly surprised to discover that a not-inconsiderable amount of Christmas gifts I ordered (ok... a few of them are for me), have been stranded in Winnipeg. i) I had no idea that this compan

  • So simplistic.  You're ignoring the fact (as always) that it was part of Winnipeg's commitment to implement the 94 recommendations of the Truth & Reconciliation Commission.   You may have hea

  • Our police salaries are ridiculous and the fleecing they do with "overtime" is insane.  It's arbitration. They take every single request and bump up their salaries.  We need fewer police and

Featured Replies

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

True North: "yoink - oh, and we'll need a subsidy, thanks!".

I think there will be interest in the Met for sure

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

True North: "yoink - oh, and we'll need a subsidy, thanks!".

They literally are the only Group trying to improve downtown and pumping in and bringing in millions per year for the city. They deserve it.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

I think there will be interest in the Met for sure

Guaranteed. I’d give it to them honestly. They have and are doing so much good downtown it’s crazy. TN can’t fix the methhead issue but they can try to fix **** up and it’s what they have been doing. 66 opioid calls in 1 day here in Winnipeg from 911, 66. That means 66 times resources were wasted on ppl who don’t give a crap.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

I think there will be interest in the Met for sure

Maybe the radisson also although I’m not sure there. Potential there also. Perhaps as a hotel and living area. Or potentially just living. It could be fixed up. They own the glass one across the street really so I dunno.

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Maybe the radisson also although I’m not sure there. Potential there also. Perhaps as a hotel and living area. Or potentially just living. It could be fixed up. They own the glass one across the street really so I dunno.

I'd be curious to know how busy the Radisson is. We've had people from work stay and had no issues with the hotel... but going out at night they were not a fan at all with how dangerous and unwelcoming the area is. The next visits they stayed by the airport.

They could convert to condos... but AFAIK the condo scene downtown is having issues finding buyers. It's an undesired area for older folks and the young professionals seem to be moving away from Winnipeg.

Prime real real estate, some one wants that building gone

that reminds me they didn't release that arsonist that tried to torch the St Vital walmart did they?

  • Author
43 minutes ago, iHeart said:

that reminds me they didn't release that arsonist that tried to torch the St Vital walmart did they?

They probably released the arsonist who torched the Boujee before.

It's becoming a parking lot as we speak.

Surprised it took this long. Heard rumblings about more charges coming, a couple months ago.

Winnipeg Free Press
No image preview

Transcona councillor faces new sex assault charge

A Winnipeg city councillor accused of sex assault earlier this year has been charged with sexually abusing another victim.

On 2026-08-08 at 3:45 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

They probably released the arsonist who torched the Boujee before.

It's becoming a parking lot as we speak.

I work near by. There’s lots of interesting characters at night around there. I’d suspect it’s a simple case of meth heads starting fires.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why do I have a feeling it's going to blow up in our faces, (if it doesn't show up we're not changing the clocks anymore)

CBC
No image preview

Manitoba adopts permanent daylight time | CBC News

Manitobans no longer need to remember to spring forward or fall back one hour on their clocks.

Edited by iHeart

Standard Time is better than DST if you're going to make one permanent.... But changing to just one is at least something. The back and forth is really hard on people.

well I understand that but I can't help but think that there could be drawbacks (do you have any idea how early I catch one of my buses downtown?)

  • Author
1 hour ago, iHeart said:

well I understand that but I can't help but think that there could be drawbacks (do you have any idea how early I catch one of my buses downtown?)

In the morning 🤣

And apparently this could also effect some West Coast games for the Jets....like the time is going to change so if we keep DST and the others are on standard are their games at least an hour earlier

  • Author
59 minutes ago, iHeart said:

And apparently this could also effect some West Coast games for the Jets....like the time is going to change so if we keep DST and the others are on standard are their games at least an hour earlier

Afaik BC&AB are both going DST as well.

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Afaik BC&AB are both going DST as well.

Correct.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.