Time For Mike O'Shea To Capitalize On The Open Grey Cup Window

USABomberfan

Well, I think we all but secured a spot in the playoffs today, especially with the Esks and Lions still having to play each other, though where we will play remains to be seen.  We do still have one more date with the Stamps obviously, but right now the Bombers are rolling hot and finally ... Maybe this defense will play at championship level when it matters.

So now, I will say Mike O'Shea has proven his worth as a regular season head coach.  If he can win one more game, he'll be the first head coach in Winnipeg to have 3 winning seasons in a row since Ritchie from 2001 to 2003.  No small thing.

But now ... The biggest question is can he make it count?  Can he get this no playoff win monkey off his back?  He's got the open window, perhaps the widest it's ever been this year to get to the Cup.  Time to translate these wins into running the table in the West and rolling through whoever that East opponent is.

11 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, I think we all but secured a spot in the playoffs today, especially with the Esks and Lions still having to play each other, though where we will play remains to be seen.  We do still have one more date with the Stamps obviously, but right now the Bombers are rolling hot and finally ... Maybe this defense will play at championship level when it matters.

So now, I will say Mike O'Shea has proven his worth as a regular season head coach.  If he can win one more game, he'll be the first head coach in Winnipeg to have 3 winning seasons in a row since Ritchie from 2001 to 2003.  No small thing.

But now ... The biggest question is can he make it count?  Can he get this no playoff win monkey off his back?  He's got the open window, perhaps the widest it's ever been this year to get to the Cup.  Time to translate these wins into running the table in the West and rolling through whoever that East opponent is.

You forgot to rant about Hall...

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Defense has been outstanding for the most part the last month and a bit. I think that'll be the key to this team's success come playoff time, as it's more likely than not they'll be on the road.

Bighill is an absolute monster. No way we’d be this dominate on defence without him.

44 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

One game at a time. Give accolades and pinkslips at the end of the year. 

Btw- he will win us a Grey Cup this year.

Doubt there'll be any pink slips though there will be one retirement hopefully.

Right now, it's regular season champ with O'Shea.  Time to exorcise playoff chump now.