Hamilton shopping Vernon Adams

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I would take him over Willy, who has shown he is broken in some regard (mentally?), Were adams hasn't had the chance to play.  And maziel > Adams.  

I would say that i would also be okay with  willy being given another change to play Behind nichols and given time to grow into a better QB which he showed he was capable of being.  I think with our much stronger o-line and improved offensive weapons (Bowman, adams, Harris, dressler, demski et al) he would do alot better.  Without any personal knowledge of his situations, it seems like his confidence in his reads and him second guessing himself  with a fear of being hit caused most of his issues.  I don't see it working out for him in montreal..   But i could see him being the 2nd string QB here that could possible regain his prior form. 

But.  thats hard to do when you have Shrevler that looks better so far coming right out of college. 

Willy certainly has or had shell shock. Even if he is over it, he is with montreal which will just have him relapse. And I dont think this is a place he could rebound even with out it. 

yeah manziel is a better prospect then adams. His floor is much higher. Potential is similar. Though if manziel has a solid season he will be back in the nfl. Adams is a guy you can build around if he turns out well. No other back up in the league is similar in quality to manziel. We have relative parity as far as qb talent goes right now. 

I have concerns about how our OL will play with out bond. But it should still be a good OL as long as bryant and hardrick are in play. Ie no newf at tackle. Ever again. Please god. the weapons and the improvement to the OL give us the chance to actually develop or re develop a qb. And also to manufacture some wins. 

The negativity that willy left with, and the beating he suffered makes me think he couldnt work in blue and gold. Crazier things have happened though. The kerwin bell deal ended up reversing it self maybe this will come about as well. If ross poops the bed again id hands down rather have willy. 

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So does nobody want Adams, is the price too high or are teams waiting for him to be cut?

Id bet its no2. I think june jones is a bit out to lunch on the competitive balance in terms of qbs league wide and the value they draw in trades. 

Problem with Willy is he's had trouble hanging onto the ball too long and he got beat out by Nichols for lacking the kind of decisiveness that Matty Ice and Streveler (thus far) seem to have.  I get that it's now been a couple years, but he didn't seem to adjust too well out of the Bellefeuille offense into the Lapo offense.

As was brought up, if Edmonton feels Adams (should they land him) is adequate enough to backup Reilly and they're sold on O'Brien as well, it's possible they might be willing to part with Glenn.  Certainly wouldn't mind renting Glenn for a year if it means we can hold off on throwing Streveler into the fire until he fully learns Lapo's playbook.  Otherwise, I say we go with the rookie.

26 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Problem with Willy is he's had trouble hanging onto the ball too long and he got beat out by Nichols for lacking the kind of decisiveness that Matty Ice and Streveler (thus far) seem to have.  I get that it's now been a couple years, but he didn't seem to adjust too well out of the Bellefeuille offense into the Lapo offense.

As was brought up, if Edmonton feels Adams (should they land him) is adequate enough to backup Reilly and they're sold on O'Brien as well, it's possible they might be willing to part with Glenn.  Certainly wouldn't mind renting Glenn for a year if it means we can hold off on throwing Streveler into the fire until he fully learns Lapo's playbook.  Otherwise, I say we go with the rookie.

Hanging on the ball too long wasnt a problem. Our Ol was a siv before hardrick slid over and bond came into the starting line up. he was dropping back every pass down and throwing the shortest routes possible right away. High completion percentage, low yards through the first half  to 3/4 of the game low td production and low turn overs. he was very conservative even in plops offense. To put into context the OL changes we made with nichols, we went from 10+ qb hits and 3-4 sacks a game to going weeks with out a qb hit, while having time for deeper passes. Also, harris behind that line was averaging under 2 yards per carry. He got few carries and still the D was on him in the back field all the time. over 5ypc with bond and the hardrick shift. 

I dont think our OL will be as good as it was last year (short of going back to 3 imps and starting foketi) but it will be a good ol. As long as newf isnt at tackle. Even better if he is a back up or less. And we have the guys to grow and develop as good a line in the long run, while starting an extra NI on the line. 

Yeah glenn for a few weeks would be a solid option. If hes starting still come LDC though we are in trouble. 

Edited by wbbfan

45 minutes ago, tracker said:

There's too much history in Winnipeg for Glenn to come back and be successful. Not sure if Adams is the answer, but a better option than Glenn.

You really think Glenn would be fazed by history? What history is that anyway? Having one of the best seasons of his career here? Possibly being a champion here if not for an injury? I think the fans who dislike Glenn harbour more ill will towards Glenn than Glenn harbours towards Winnipeg. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You really think Glenn would be fazed by history? What history is that anyway? Having one of the best seasons of his career here? Possibly being a champion here if not for an injury? I think the fans who dislike Glenn harbour more ill will towards Glenn than Glenn harbours towards Winnipeg. 

My point exactly.

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So does nobody want Adams, is the price too high or are teams waiting for him to be cut?

Three part question:

1. Do they want Vernon?

2. What is HAM asking?

3. What is Vernon Adams’ contract look like?

6 hours ago, tracker said:

There's too much history in Winnipeg for Glenn to come back and be successful. Not sure if Adams is the answer, but a better option than Glenn.

Glenn has had the uncanny ability (luck) to be on a team that needs a starting QB (for whatever reason).  This team may be his best opportunity to play this year.