Game 14 : @ Stars

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

5 and 0 vs the Central. 

4-0 thus far ( vs. MIN, @ MIN, vs. DAL, @ DAL) with the next Central Division matchup on Nov. 20 in Nashville. That'll be a good test for this team.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It wasnt a huge change the Jets needed to be a very good team.  Better goaltending and better D.  The O would take care of itself. 

Myers and Kulikov have been great additions (I know Myers wasn't an add in the same sense as Kulikov but his absence last season was significant). They make a great pairing, too.

While I'm sure being critical of Connor isn't a popular position, it was really noticeable last night that two guys on that line were winning puck battles and one was losing them.  He's doing good things offensively when he has the puck, but if we're going to continue to give him first line minutes there will be consequences.

It's a coin toss for me.  On one hand, I feel like he's getting exposed playing all those minutes on the first line, often against other team's first lines, and on the other hand, there's an argument that he's being protected by playing on a line with Scheifele and Wheeler.

He's a few years away from having NHL beef on his frame, so he's going to have to win battles with smarts and tenacity.  Last night, no luck.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

While I'm sure being critical of Connor isn't a popular position, it was really noticeable last night that two guys on that line were winning puck battles and one was losing them.  He's doing good things offensively when he has the puck, but if we're going to continue to give him first line minutes there will be consequences.

It's a coin toss for me.  On one hand, I feel like he's getting exposed playing all those minutes on the first line, often against other team's first lines, and on the other hand, there's an argument that he's being protected by playing on a line with Scheifele and Wheeler.

He's a few years away from having NHL beef on his frame, so he's going to have to win battles with smarts and tenacity.  Last night, no luck.

First game all year tho. Guys pretty good. Last night he struggled a bit but still put up points. 

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

KC needs beef, Morrissey needs beef.

25 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Waiting for Morrissey to have a good game. Can't remember the last one.

If you're waiting until Morrissey is singled out for his play that is likely a bad thing.  he's quietly having a very consistent season, just like last year.  He's averaging over 19 minutes of ice time which is 4th behind Buff, Myers, & Trouba.  He's also listed as 6' and 195lbs.  So he's pretty big for his height and maybe he adds ten lbs. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If you're waiting until Morrissey is singled out for his play that is likely a bad thing.  he's quietly having a very consistent season, just like last year.  He's averaging over 19 minutes of ice time which is 4th behind Buff, Myers, & Trouba.  He's also listed as 6' and 195lbs.  So he's pretty big for his height and maybe he adds ten lbs. 

ya confused by this previous comment.  He hasn't had any bad games that I've watched.   been pretty steady every game i've seen. 

16 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Just seems to be getting pushed around this year.

well he is a bit undersized still, so he probably just needs to fill out.  Still hits pretty good though so its not a physicality thing imo.