Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

Rich

Well prior to kneel gate,  being a 49ers fan the club was souring on him because he was extremely lazy off the field and was not one to follow directions from the coaches.   The guy *had* athletic ability but was a total head case.     I heard he dropped a lot of weight after going vegan so I'm unsure of his current physical situation.    Also it's bizarre that it's rarely mentioned of his possible off field issue where his ex gf accused him and his friends of drugging her and possibly raping her while she was blacked out.   

The guy is to much risk for his reward...

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Based on everything we know & now the grievance against the NFL, would you sign him if you were a GM? There would be a lot of upset fans of that team & he'd divide the locker room. Hate to say this, but he brought this on himself by becoming political. He was a borderline starter at the time.  Doing what he did has killed his career. 

As stated in the grievance, there have been GMs who have publicly stated they were interested in signing him. 

15 hours ago, bustamente said:

There's a team in Wisconsin, he was born in Milwaukee, that has a community owned team that recently lost their qb and now probably wont make the playoffs, they should give him a call. 

As a Packers fan I wish they would sign Kaep.  For a few reasons; 1 ) I really appreciate his story.  The haters either seem unaware or simply ignore all the GOOD this guy has been doing.  Football be damned, the guy's a good human.  2 ) Admittedly not overly familiar with Hundley, but I have to think Kaepernick gives you a better chance to win. Could very well be wrong about that, but boy he seems like a strong fit, scheme wise with GB. 

Why it won't happen:  where to start?!  My #1 point above, no NFL team cares about.  Rightly or wrongly, no one's giving the guy a job because he's a good guy.  Heck, he's probably more likely to be blackballed because he has  an opinion.  Bigger point though is it's just not in Green Bay's  DNA to make a move like this.  Forget all the sidestory with Kaep, just look at GB's history in free agency under McCarthy.  They draft well and build in house.  FA signees are the rare exception, not the norm for this team. 

What I hope isn't a factor:  The Packers are in Wisconsin.  Talking out of my bum here, but this fanbase may be among the "whitest" in North America.  Packers decision makers aren't dumb.  Even if they want Kaep as a Packer, the optics would be terrible in that state. I don't agree with any of that, but it's reality IMO. 

14 hours ago, Jacquie said:

As stated in the grievance, there have been GMs who have publicly stated they were interested in signing him. 

GMs are interested in a lot of players. They don't sign everyone. It's going to be very difficult to prove. I think Kaepernick (based on his play) was already on his way to being a backup at best.  Maybe even on his way out of the NFL. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Wait, what? I thought he was let go of because of the anthem controversy...

I'm a big 49ers fan and the guy had all the potential in the world.   Harbaugh gave up on him because the guy was super lazy and very selfish.

Kaepernick was a bad team guy, hated by most team mates, lazy, skipped meetings,  didn't follow coaches orders,  ad libbed a lot,  regressed heavily in his last year,  was benched because of his piss poor attitude.    Their's a reason why no team touched him afterwards....  it wasn't because of only the anthem it was mostly because he was a cancer.   

It's not like the NFL has not given guys 2nd chances before if they believed that the player could win them some games.   I would think Vick was much more despised and after he served his time he was instantly picked up because of the potential.  

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

d him politicallyI'm a big 49ers fan and the guy had all the potential in the world.   Harbaugh gave up on him because the guy was super lazy and very selfish.

Kaepernick was a bad team guy, hated by most team mates, lazy, skipped meetings,  didn't follow coaches orders,  ad libbed a lot,  regressed heavily in his last year,  was benched because of his piss poor attitude.    Their's a reason why no team touched him afterwards....  it wasn't because of only the anthem it was mostly because he was a cancer.   

It's not like the NFL has not given guys 2nd chances before if they believed that the player could win them some games.   I would think Vick was much more despised and after he served his time he was instantly picked up because of the potential.  

I've never heard that Kap was lazy or a cancer in the locker room as a teammate. Starting the anthem protest by kneeling was a huge reason why the owners got rid of him as he was used as an example of what could happen if a player bucked the system.  Therefore, he became a distraction. It wasn't about winning games anymore. It was about drawing social issues not only to him but his teammates. Meanwhile, with controversy swirling around him politically, he had trouble reading defenses. He couldn't get the ball to the open man after going thru his reads if he indeed even did that. He just wasn't seeing the field like other veteran qbs did. Look at the video I posted above. Two wide outs wide open with no one covering them & he never saw it. That's the kind of qb he became & why he was out of the NFL.  Jim Harbaugh was his biggest booster. He got rid of Alex Smith to start Kap.  He seemed to get the most out of him as a HC. When Harbaugh left the 49ers, Kaepernick's game just went thru the floor. It completely fell apart. I think had he played well in 2017, he'd have got his shot again but even now he'll demand big money to play & any team that  takes him on will have to deal with all the distractions as well as the political baggage he has. That & no guarantee he'll be a difference maker at qb. Should be interesting if the Falcons sign him. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

As a big 49er fan, I'm surprised anyone would say that Kap was lazy or a cancer. He never skipped meetings. Harbaugh always liked him.

He lost his starting gig Gabbert after a few bad games and had shoulder surgery. Kap had a down year following, for sure, but lots of QBs do.

He's never played again because of the anthem issue. And, boy do some people hate when black people raise a fuss. 

It was well known that he was lazy and Harbaugh was not happy with him. I'm talking about his last season,  I'm guessing fame got to his head. He also had his off field issues (accused of rape) and other stuff.

Gabbert was terrrrible even for a 3rd stringer. He gave them no chance to win. kapernick pissed off the coaching staff so much that they choose a useless player over him.

He didn't find work afterwards because of his poor work ethic, the anthem thing and because he sucked.  I think I also read that he went vegan and lost a lot of muscle mass and that may have scared off some teams.

Forget not NFL teams have had no problems signing and trotting out terrible character guys who did much worse then kneeling at an anthem.  

Edited by Brandon