MLB Post season

iHeart

ah it's that time of year again, except this time.....no Blue Jays

last years finalists the Indians and the Cubs are in the playoffs again (it would be so funny if they ended up going to the world series again, except this time Cleveland is the team with something to prove) I mean it would be nice to see a team win that hasn't won that often (case in point Chicago last year)

Tonight and Tomorrow night are wild card games and they decide who will be playing against Cleveland and who will be playing against the Dodgers.....when did the Dodgers start playing better? it's like years ago that they were the league joke

speaking of cursed teams, the Red Sox are in again almost 100 years after they traded Babe to the Yankees (and almost 4 years after the last time they won) see the thing about the RS's is that ever since they won the world series 13 years ago they have since won it two more times and they kind of have nothing to prove....so who are your picks (the other teams that are already in for sure are the Astros and the Nationals

and somehow I find myself explaining to my mother that the first round is a best of 5 (for some reason) and round 2 is a best of seven every year

Whoops, didn't see that the BoSox and the Diamondbacks were eliminated 2 days ago. Like I have said before the Red Sox have nothing to prove since they've won the World series twice since breaking Babe's curse

but like I said I think I missed something

Tonight 4 teams will play, someone will be eliminated and it's either going to be the Yankees or the Indians....and maybe the Nationals since yesterdays game was postponed due to weather (not to mention the cubs are leading 2-1 in the series)

personally I hope the Yankees get eliminated because The Indians haven't won in almost 70 years and deep down I kind of want the Nats to get eliminated because hey why not if the Cubs and Indians make the finals it'll be the rematch of the ages but then again I say the same thing whenever the Fish were usually up against the wingnuts in the finals

Edited by iHeart

I absolutely hate the yankees, but it will take some magic for the astros to beat them, especially if Judge wakes up. IMO he hasn't been the same player since the ASG, but apparently at one point before joining the yankees he had a .128 batting average or something like that so maybe its more the real him is coming out than the anomaly to start his rookie season.

All that said I think the Dodgers take it all.

well Dodgers are 3-0 in this series.....and to be fair they have a drought too, they haven't won a world series title in almost 30 years....they go for the sweep tonight

the Astros don't have a world series title at all the last time they played in the World series, they were up against another cursed team, the White Sox, and we all know how that ended

I don't really have interest either but if we had to have a Goldeyes post season thread it's only fair we had an MLB post season thread.

So both teams in the World series have a drought to take care of with one team not winning in almost 30 years and another not having won at all even though they appeared in 2005

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, iHeart said:

2nd straight year that the world series is going to 7 games

10th minimum I could care less, lol.  I'm such an avid sports fan but baseball just doesn't do it for me.. unless the jays are involved.

yeah I too admit to be guilty of Bandwagoning baseball wise, usually only watch baseball if a rare event happens like the Cubs making it to the World series or the Goldeyes adv-I'm sorry I couldn't say the Goldeyes part with a straight face because like I had said in the Goldeyes thread that the team has spent a majority of this decade in the playoffs with 3 championships

Edited by iHeart