Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Restaurant/food thread

So anyone go anywhere good lately, with iHop opening on monday (surely this one will be better than the one in grand forks service wise) I'm kind of wondering if anyone has been anywhere decent recently

 

a month ago I went with my friends to canadian brewhouse.....man that was a good burger but a word to the wise, do not get an appetizer if you also plan on getting the John Candy Burger it's the second most expensive thing there...but man those garlic fingers were excellent, but there were more than I thought so I asked "anyone want to share my fingers?" which they gladly did

 

I can assure you that the John Candy Burger is nothing like whatever John Candy like item that Rumors Comedy Club has....it was just two patties compared to the Rita Challenge

 

I'm not sure if anyone has made a restaurant thread yet so I'm just leaving this here

Edited by iHeart

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Views 442.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rather pay a bit more and go for Popeye's. 

  • I love popeye's .My best related Popeye's story. Go into a popeyes in mlps, order a combo with all white meat. Black cook in the back yells out, "What, you dont like dark  meat?" And jokingly sta

  • And Wendy's has now officially opened in Transcona

Featured Replies

  • Author

Holy Shake has officially opened at St Vital centre

Classic107
No image preview

Iconic Winnipeg diner set to reopen under original owner

A popular Winnipeg restaurant that closed its doors last year is making a comeback. A difficult decision In June 2025, the owners of The Thunderbird restaurant at the corner of McPhillips Street and
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, iHeart said:

want to bet they're made the same way as Tim's is not very fresh (don't get me wrong I'll try it once) I never had it when it was here the first time around

https://accesswinnipeg.com/2026/05/dunkin-returning-to-canada-with-hundreds-of-new-locations-planned/

Now is the time for them to come back. Tim Hortons continually kills the brand and keeps eliminating items that made them successful in the first place, if Dunkin can come in and offer a variety with decent coffee then they should do well.

The offerings at Tim near my house is embarrassing (i.e. plain, honey dip, chocolate dip, and if lucky a few other donuts that change every month).

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Now is the time for them to come back. Tim Hortons continually kills the brand and keeps eliminating items that made them successful in the first place, if Dunkin can come in and offer a variety with decent coffee then they should do well.

The offerings at Tim near my house is embarrassing (i.e. plain, honey dip, chocolate dip, and if lucky a few other donuts that change every month).

you mean they don't stock the cookies or the dream donuts? I know it's probably going to end up on the IKEA end (I think there's room in McPhillips too)

Edited by iHeart

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

you mean they don't stock the cookies or the dream donuts? I know it's probably going to end up on the IKEA end (I think there's room in McPhillips too)

They have a glass cabinet that is maybe 4 feet wide that contains everything. It is also a full size restaurant also, so it's not like a kiosk. Tim is phasing out soups and pastries in certain areas of the country and are moving towards more of the flatbreads and bowls.

Baaaaaaaack in my youth, Tim Hortons would actually have a wide variety. I hope Dunkin donuts can come and offer such crazy items such as a "double chocolate, maple dip or vanilla dip donut" for which Tims no longer offers in each location. Maybe even crazy things such as the powdered donuts.

Ive had Dunkin in the U.S. and their donuts are a thousand times better than Tim Hortons. Quite similar to Krispy Kreme.

  • Author

So guess where I finally went today (god I wish I could share images to my phone here) the fries are definitely up there with Roxi's in Selkirk. They also let you keep the glass bottle if you bring it on your next visit you'll get a 5% discount. The meal comes with either a Signature shake or a mojito, however one would have to pick between meal or dessert at this place because I was full by the time I finished the meal (hell I couldn't finish the fries) so next time no meal just freak shake or dessert item

bafkreidqd63geczrwr4hwvhkmeomlokc3nm6rxzkxa2tllepuuai5cav7y

bafkreia5zpt65y5ikvm43xcrm32k37gghet5ci47tchzya4hbsf327fxqm

Edited by iHeart

On 2026-05-13 at 7:33 AM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ive had Dunkin in the U.S. and their donuts are a thousand times better than Tim Hortons. Quite similar to Krispy Kreme.

I've been to Dunkin Doughnuts and honestly it felt like the American Tim Hortons. Doughnuts were all right, coffee is mediocre. Everywhere in Boston though.

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

So guess where I finally went today (god I wish I could share images to my phone here)

Shakes me 🤷‍♂️

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Well I think Subway is getting desperate or something because I was passing the one on McLeod on the bus ride home and I saw them advertising a SubDog.... they're adding hot dogs to the menu....I miss when they hawked it as diet food (but I guess it depends on what you put on your sandwich.....for those that wonder I put turkey, white cheddar spinach guac and three different sauces on while grain)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Tavern United's Downtown location has permanently closed

  • 4 weeks later...
Global News
No image preview

Calgary coming for Slurpee Capital of the World title hel...

Crime and corporate restructuring has Winnipeg feeling iced-out as 7-Eleven's Slurpee Capital of the World and now Calgary is coming for the title
  • Author

Chicken Chef on Regent is closing and today is the last day

Edited by iHeart

On 2026-07-30 at 12:37 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:
Global News
No image preview

Calgary coming for Slurpee Capital of the World title hel...

Crime and corporate restructuring has Winnipeg feeling iced-out as 7-Eleven's Slurpee Capital of the World and now Calgary is coming for the title

Winnipeg losing it's identity. Maybe we will win the shoplifting capital of the world :(

  • Author

Crumbl Cookies Winnipeg has it's first Opening date (not quite though) the first location is going to open in fall, so sometime between September and November)

So I better do some sort of power shopping (or walking around) before I even go in (yes I am well aware that they are likely going to be expensive....not to mention they rotate the menu once a week)....so I better stick with one

Edited by iHeart

  • Author

Boy I'll bet the hours will probably be the same as the Kegs (and I've been proven right, Calgary's location opens at 3 pm, while Vancouver and Toronto opens at 4.... Guess I'll have to stick with Phantom Amusements at the Forks) it's a place called Greta so that gives at least three Arcade bars in Winnipeg...four if you count Underdogs

https://www.ctvnews.ca/winnipeg/article/new-restaurant-coming-to-downtown-winnipeg-keg-location/

Edited by iHeart

  • Author

McDs is doing the Heist menu again, I can't wait to try the chicken parm burger

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2026-07-03 at 8:35 AM, iHeart said:

Tavern United's Downtown location has permanently closed

Another downtown business goes down... very unfortunate.

Global News
No image preview

Rudy’s closing as restaurants continue to face challenges...

Watch Rudy’s closing as restaurants continue to face challenges Video Online, on GlobalNews.ca

Edited by Brandon

  • Author

they don't know where to draw the line do they?

39 minutes ago, iHeart said:

they don't know where to draw the line do they?

We are not going to China!

  • Author

if it doesn't show up the revolving restaurant is going to reopen

Edited by iHeart

  • Author

https://leburgerweek.com/en/results

I don't like the format they're using I want to see all of them well at least the upside is I can easily see what my end if offering and it doesn't really interest me much

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.