Game 49 : Gateway to the West @ Gateway to the West

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If Pavs is better now than before what could the difference be? What has changed? Oh yeah different goalie coach....

Or half a year in the minors during a contract year...

I could really see Pavs lighting it up for the rest of the season, getting another two years from Chevy and then going straight back to .905

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

I could really see Pavs lighting it up for the rest of the season, getting another two years from Chevy and then going straight back to .905

yeah I see him getting like two more years or something not 5  years like the last time

Just now, Floyd said:

To be fair this is what Pavs does. He has stretches where he looks like the best in the league. In 1.5 games this hear he's bad one below average game and is having a really good game today. 

So I'm being a bit facetious. But it seems Helle and Hutch looked better in the A, Comrie has mostly looked like he's going to be good and Pavs got better the longer he was there.  So I'd give serious thought to looking at the Moose coach. 

I think it's just a small sample size. He's playing well but seen this before. We know it's not sustainable. Both AHL goalies are looking great this game. That Copley save on Perreault was unreal. Small sample sizes for both guys tho. 

1 or 2 good games * last one was just average* proves very little.  The 5 or 6 seasons prior tho.  

Pavelec is not a different goalie.  He's the same guy. Makes some crazy saves and let's in a soft one (it's coming). He's playing well but he's played well in the past also... he just doesn't do it enough.  5 or 6 years of proof for that 

He's playing well but don't kid yourself in to think he's a different goalie than he was before. He's not. He's the same. 

Edited by Goalie

Helle Pav probably would have been the ideal situation.  But... can't really predict that hutch would have sucked so bad. Helle has been fine. Bad couple games but besides that he's been decent.  Hutch sucking really didn't help 

Edited by Goalie