Game 31 : Satan Stafford @ Burn In Hell

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Why? It's about results. Most penalties in the league. Crap PP. Crap PK. Team looks completely disorganized and uninterested.  Line blenders. Just poor roster decisions.  Maurice is the biggest problem right now. It's painfully obvious. They haven't won 3 games in a row in like... it's been years. 

since last season actually, the end of last season

10 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Is Calgary a more talented team than the Jets? No. Are they a better coached team? Yes.

One I look at Cal I see Johnny Hockey and Monahan and if you can stop those 2 you probably gonna win every time.

But then they have a better D and better G.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lots of us said they wouldn't before the season started. Not many of us expected them to be this bad 

But I think Ducky was making the "official call" during the season.

8 hours ago, IC Khari said:

It's that darn sked ...

Sad interview.

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lol. For the Jets to win the goalie needs to let in 2 or less. Quit making excuses for crappy coaching.  

The Jets and the Stars have let in the most goals of anybody in their conference. It seems to me like they let in WAY too many goals.   You really should check some statistics before you start beaking off.

93 goals in 31 games for a GAA of 3.00.

Edited by Ducky

The Jets problem is the some of all its parts, yes the goaltending has been shady at times, the coaching on the team is average, scoring disappears at times, defensive play is keystone cops at it's best and some veterans are not pulling there weight. Maurice blaming the schedule is a desperate coach trying to rationalize why his team keeps making the same mistakes time after time. In the end the Jets are nowhere near the team we thought they may be this year. 

At the beginning of the season with a full roster and with the hype of Connor and Laine, and Helle signed Matty P, Scheif and Buff but without Trouba i did think this team would contend but the team you saw play last night has all but given up and questions need to be asked primarily the coaching and veterans who are supposed to drive this team. Currently game in game out the three most consistent players have been Laine, Ehlers and Morrissey and that should not be the case.

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

At the beginning of the season with a full roster and with the hype of Connor and Laine, and Helle signed Matty P, Scheif and Buff but without Trouba i did think this team would contend but the team you saw play last night has all but given up and questions need to be asked primarily the coaching and veterans who are supposed to drive this team. Currently game in game out the three most consistent players have been Laine, Ehlers and Morrissey and that should not be the case.

I couldn't agree with this more. Not gonna talk about Staf or Thorbs but MP has been a disappointment this year and so has Burmi, Buff, and both goalies. Wheeler some nights has had bad games too. I honestly didn't think they would get in and if they did it would be squeaking in in the last week.

Connor, Morrissey, Laine, Tanev, Armia, Ehlers, Copp, Dano, Petan, and Helle had VERY few games under their belts. Thats 10 players and I might have missed some. Most of those players have played well though and I think it is the injuries that have set us back the most this year and it has really hampered the development of some players. Honestly, if the team isn't decimated by injuries, how many games does Thorbs get?

16 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I couldn't agree with this more. Not gonna talk about Staf or Thorbs but MP has been a disappointment this year and so has Burmi, Buff, and both goalies. Wheeler some nights has had bad games too. I honestly didn't think they would get in and if they did it would be squeaking in in the last week.

Connor, Morrissey, Laine, Tanev, Armia, Ehlers, Copp, Dano, Petan, and Helle had VERY few games under their belts. Thats 10 players and I might have missed some. Most of those players have played well though and I think it is the injuries that have set us back the most this year and it has really hampered the development of some players. Honestly, if the team isn't decimated by injuries, how many games does Thorbs get?

The rational answer would be none but it seems we're not dealing rationally at this point. Take that any way you want ...

I actually said if healthy they would be a playoff bubble team. Do ppl know what that means?  It means they would be close to making it or just missing it. I said nothing about them making it. 

It's fun to blame goaltending but ignoring the crap pp pk roster decisions lack of system dump and chase pp.... 

It's more on coaching then anything.  

Thorburn On the pk. Yup. 

It's not about 1 thing... Pavelec was a problem... he wasn't the only problem tho... 6 years of pavelec... Helle hasnt even been given 6 months and he's what?  908 save percentage?  Pav is 902 in the AHL. 

Ducky do you ever watch a ******* game? Cuz if you really do you will see that while goaltending isn't good.... it's not even close to being the biggest problem.