Mic'ing Up the Teams

I was just wondering how you guys felt about the coaches and players being mic'ed-up for the Stamps @ Tigercats game?

Personally, I didn't care for it too much. I really believe that this is getting to be a bit too intrusive on the teams. It was tough to follow, the play by play guys would be yacking away, like they are supposed to do, then one of the mics would kick in and you miss the 2-3 words. Not that it really mattered, 99.9% of the fans (me Included) have no idea what they are calling anyway.

The ones who do understand and are able to figure this out are the opposing coaches, I certainly hope TSN does not want to carry on down this road. Let the guys play.

It's hard to put into statistical determination, but I definitely noticed quicker decisions by the video review boys.

The extra time it takes is governed by waiting for the Coaches to get advice on the play, the ceremony of throwing the flag, the Coaches explaining to the refs what they're challenging, the refs trying to put into words what the Coaches want, and then finally the review result.

Now that they have eliminated the freebie, it should streamline the process even more.

Perhaps they could short-cut the process by the Coach's directly contacting the review booth after having thrown the flag, who then would notify the refs immediately, who would then check with the Coachs. Meanwhile the play is already being reviewed. Hell, it would be so fast, it might be reviewed even before th play happens..?