Our QB of the Future

BigBlue

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Or do we throw young qbs into a situation with bad teams and expect them to work miracles and throw them on the scrap heap when they don't? Cause we haven't exactly had great teams here lately. 

I kind of felt that way about Elliot...but the others I listed...not so much...fair comment though

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Or do we throw young qbs into a situation with bad teams and expect them to work miracles and throw them on the scrap heap when they don't? Cause we haven't exactly had great teams here lately. 

We do but I don't think I'd be using Goltz brohm Boltus and Elliot as examples lol. I'd probably use the tee Martin Bryan randalls as examples. Those 4 mentioned tho....Brohm wasn't a young QB.  Goltz couldn't throw. Boltus was just terrible and Elliot was an enigma of sorts... perhaps had the tools but lacked the toolbox 

7 hours ago, Mike said:

This is an opinion you've long held, but I don't think it's entirely accurate.

Who are the successful dual-threat quarterbacks in this league right now? One QB rushed for over 400 yards last year and he has no job right now.

Arent really any, aside from depth back ups. League wide every one has a guy who can scramble if needed, but runs to throw. No nealon greens, or kerry josephs.

I love that kind of qb as a back up, but you dont find those guys that make all the throws reliably. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

We do but I don't think I'd be using Goltz brohm Boltus and Elliot as examples lol. I'd probably use the tee Martin Bryan randalls as examples. Those 4 mentioned tho....Brohm wasn't a young QB.  Goltz couldn't throw. Boltus was just terrible and Elliot was an enigma of sorts... perhaps had the tools but lacked the toolbox 

I think of all the names you listed Elliott was quite easily the best one here... His problem was he rebelled against the passive coaching and threw some interceptions and he never got any traction with the coaching staff after that. 

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think of all the names you listed Elliott was quite easily the best one here... His problem was he rebelled against the passive coaching and threw some interceptions and he never got any traction with the coaching staff after that. 

My opinion exactly. I always thought Elliott got frustrated with nickel-and-dime offense when the Bombers were behind and sinking quickly late in the game and decided to gamble in defiance of the pathetic play calling by an inept offensive coordinator. Elliott had to know he was signing his death warrant but he cared enough to give it a shot.

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No one likes a passive offense. Save for plop and MB.