Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jesse

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jesse

  1. Behar is exactly the kind of player that everyone is demanding we cut from our roster. He's older, been dealing with injuries, isn't as effective when he is healthy.
  2. Everyone gets the extra money in their budget, so it doesn't help anyone sign their FA's. Everyone is still in a bidding war for those who want to go to FA.
  3. That was because they didn’t have their ownership settled and weren’t approved for FA spending last year.
  4. I’m still sticking to my Montreal guess.
  5. Because every team gets the same benefit. It benefits the player in question, who probably would get a pay bump in that scenario. It may benefit the league by perhaps getting players who may not otherwise come up north without the aforementioned pay bump. But in the case of a player who has massively outperformed his rookie deal and needs a significant bump, it doesn’t help. Especially when we have two players who have done so. We could sign Schoen if we wanted - we’re choosing not to right now, because it would be too much invested in one position group. The concept would never be considered by the league.
  6. The first thing you mentioned (and have brought up many times) is that the salary cap isn't high enough. But if all of this is to figure out a way we should be able to keep Schoen; neither the salary cap or your proposed Marquis player rule have anything to with Dalton Schoen.
  7. That happens regardless of how much the cap is though.
  8. Definitely seems like they should have settled this before FA then (unless the teams already know any incoming changes).
  9. How? Even if we could double the cap, everyone’s wages go up (great for players) and you still end up against the cap and losing players. A “marquee” player is the same thing. One guy gets more money (good for him), but how does that help you keep your players?
  10. It can’t hamper teams if all teams have the same cap. Even if the cap is doubled and salaries increase, you’re still going to see players leave via free agency.
  11. I don't know about being cheaper, but if we could not waste the roster spot on multiple guys that'd be great. Though, how many globals do we need to roster?
  12. Toronto making moves in other areas? Didn’t want to pay up for a kicker?
  13. For sure, still going to see guys look at all their offers (if any) and accept what Walters has out there.
  14. There's something like 9 starters unsigned. I know some of them include people that a lot of you want to see replaced, but having that many new players come in at ones is goin to have some detrimental effects on this team. TC is going to be crazy.
  15. I hope so; getting pretty stressed out about all this.
  16. I never expected to keep Schoen. I just can’t see a way to make it make sense with Lawler here. But it’s still hard for me to believe that someone is going to offer Brady so much more than we are that it’s worth it for him to leave.
  17. I know, I'm simply emphasizing my point at how little I'm interested in Betts. Even at the same money, give me Jeffcoat. But we're already out on Jeffcoat at whatever his ask is, so I'm certainly not on board with giving more for Betts.
  18. I can tell you the 6 starters right now and that's all you really need these days.
  19. We don't need a ratio edge. We routinely start 8 or 9 Nats. If they are going to spend that price tag, they're gonna sign Schoen.
  20. Can you tell me why? Betts is asking for more than either Schoen or Brady. And is much worse at his position than they are at theirs.
  21. We paid 120k to Brady last year. I have no interest in paying 50+k more to not have Brady. If he moves on I hope we recruit a new guy on rookie deal. No interest in any CFL vets.
  22. Meh, we're just talking. I get booch's point. At this point in Jake's career, it wouldn't be super harmful to move on and replace with a younger player. But I'm also ok with keeping vet's around if they accept the reduced pay/playtime - as long as there's a balance and you're not hanging on to too many vets or depending on too many inexperienced players for reps. And that's what I think this is. Maintaining a balance.
  23. I get what you're saying. I'm going to disagree because it seems like we're going to be seeing quite a shift in the roster this year. We are going to see some vets either walk away of be moved on form and we're going to see a lot of younger guys (or FAs) come in to replace those guys. The shift is happening. So having Jake in the room at a lower salary. I don't think that's going to get in anyone's way. He'll have his leadership/locker room vet hat on. MOS will undoubtedly use him to to talk about the way things used to be and how far we've come. His NAT status keeps him out of the way of any young import we may have coming in, and Lawson has already assumed the mantle of the other starter. Thomas has nothing to do with us reaching out to the Canadian DE's like Bennett and Kongbo.
  24. That was Cole Adamson, who isn't on the roster anymore. Not sure if he went back to school or was just cut?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.