Everything posted by bearpants
-
You think you're upset try not winning one once and awhile?
and to be fair... he did say that
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
IF this is true (remember that's a big IF, we all know how sensationalist the media can be)... and this guy is able to just walk away (for now)... what a terrible and disgusting injustice...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I just read this on NFL.com... unless I'm reading this wrong, I can't understand what is going on here: "Ronald Gasser, 54, was at the scene and told deputies he shot McKnight, Normand said. Gasser was not arrested, but he was taken into custody for questioning. Gasser was released overnight and not formally charged..." This sounds like he's admitting to committing the crime, yet they don't press charges? Seems odd? I am reading that wrong?
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
It absolutely baffles me that a "road rage incident" would escalate to a shooting... just a sad and terrible situation...
- CFL Free Agents/Coaches
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
That's exactly the point... a lot of people are suggesting we need a top-end canadian receiver... and this connversation just proved that there are very few... there's reliable but declining guys like Bagg and Getzlaf... there's good, but not all-start type guys like Gore, Ianuzzi and Cooehorn.... I would be happy finding someone at the same quality of the 5 guys I just mentioned... but there are very few top-end Canadian receivers in the CFL...
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
While this is true... people seem to think we are the only team that is lacking a top-end Cdn receiver... when in reality, it's top-end Cdn receivers that are lacking... outside of Fantuz (now on the downside of his career) and Sinopoli, how many premier Cdn receivers are there in the CFL?...
- Grey Cup Sunday
- CFL Free Agents/Coaches
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I get the theory... but let's be realistic here... do you think I team like Edmonton would ever trade the best QB in the league while he's still at his peak... wait a minute...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
it's pretty close...
-
Quarterback Quest
Your PR players immediately become FAs after your last game... so unless they re-signed Bennett right away, he was a FA... also, I'm pretty sure all PR players make the same amount... can anyone confirm that?
-
You be the Boss
I've even got a completely original name for it... "CFL Films"...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
If that's the case than it's likely that Edm has given him an out if he is to pursue an NFL opportunity... meaning he can still be under contract in the CFL next year...
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
Interesting that one scout suggested Auclair might actually be better in the NFL than CFL... it makes sense too, the way they deploy TEs in the passing game and use them in the run/blocking game... I wonder if Gray might be in consideration for the 6th pick (I still think it's bullshit that Edm picks before us, despite getting further in the playoffs)...
-
You be the Boss
That would actually be a really cool idea... go to the CFL website to see an archive of 5-10 minute highlight videos from hall of famers...
-
Nichols Contract
I think our system is open to deep shots, Nichols is just hesitant to throw them unless the WR is wide open... Also, are you suggesting Ottawa release Harris and sign Durant? That makes absolutely no sense...
- Grey Cup Sunday
-
Nichols Contract
kinda sounds like you're describing the bombers...
-
Reffing & Reviews
That drives me crazy too... suddenly any little bit of hand fighting looks like clutching and grabbing... all PI reviews should be in real time
- Grey Cup Sunday
-
Quarterback Quest
I'm disappointed to lose Bennet... it sounds like he has all the tools to be a good CFL QB... and at only 25 he could certainly be in line to take over in 2-3 years (assuming he actually developed properly)... but I guess if they just let him walk then there must not be much there or they are confident that Nichols, Glenn, and Davis will be back as 1-2-3 next year...
-
You think you're upset try not winning one once and awhile?
and if you truly believed all the hype leading up to it... you were shocked by the result...
-
Bomber Grey Cup 2017
I'd probably argue the Ottawa team we saw yesterday was not the same team the Bombers beat... not sure about Sask and Mtl though...
-
Quarterback Quest
That sucks... I forgot that PR guys get immediately released after the season... just looked, the Riders signed Thomas Mayo too...