Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Perfect

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr. Perfect

  1. What chance is there that Kane is still traded again? Immediately? Doubt it. Perhaps maybe when he wears out his welcome/requests a trade - Whatever comes first.
  2. Three years left on Myers. Stafford is a pending UFA. Armia is in his last year of his rookie deal.
  3. Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 3m3 minutes ago Sabres retaining half the salary on Drew Stafford in this deal too. 0 replies 56 retweets 14 favorites
  4. Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 49s49 seconds ago Unsigned goalie, Jason Kasdorf also goes to Sabres in trade. Done deal. 0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
  5. Not Burmi now according to Lawless.
  6. Burmistrov may be involved.
  7. It is indeed.... Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 21s22 seconds ago Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg. 0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
  8. Wonder if Bogo goes back to the Sabres if Myers is involved in the trade. He better not. The centre piece is Kane. if Kane and Bogo are involved I walk away.
  9. Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 14m14 minutes ago Per #CFL sources: The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have interest in Saskatchewan LB Brian Peters in free agency tomorrow. Registered 78 tackles along with 20 special teams tackles last season. Throw in three sacks and a couple picks as well.
  10. I occasionally posted on TEP a couple of years back. Trigger happy mods at the time (not sure if it's changed) soured my opinion. Maybe it's changed, maybe it hasn't. Either way, I think this place has outstanding discussion in all aspects. It's a great place to be a part of.
  11. You're a bad person and I hate you.
  12. Personally my affection for the NFL is what the average Canadian sports fan feels about hockey. I love every aspect of the game. I take time to watch NCAA games, download torrents of other NCAA from lesser conferences to make sure I have a good grasp of who is coming into the NFL the following year through the draft. While flawed like any sports league, it is the most successfully run league financially for a reason. As for the CFL, it varies for me. I'm Bombers through and through, though admittedly once the NFL gets rolling in August and September my interests starts to dwindle. It declines even more so if we aren't very competitive. I'll still watch our games until the end of the season, but as has been the case in the last few years, when we fall out of the race I don't watch a lot of other CFL games, though I will tune in if I have nothing better going on. Between my favourites, the Packers, and the Bombers, if I had to choose one for success there's no comparison. I'll take the Packers without hesitation whatsoever.
  13. Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 20s21 seconds agoWinnipeg, Manitoba Cory McDiarmid has returned to #Riders as assistant special teams coach. Wad linebackers coach with #Bombers in 2014.
  14. "CASEYMANIA!!!" God bless you Ritch. RIP.
  15. According to CFL.ca, Marcellus Bowman is a pending FA. I'd be very happy to have him return here if it panned out that way. Good call. He's only 28 years old too. I'd just be a little worried starting 3 LBs with little to no CFL experience. Same. There's options out there. Rennie Curan from the Esks, could also add Sam Hurl for NI depth if we so choose. There's time and options to be explored.
  16. According to CFL.ca, Marcellus Bowman is a pending FA. I'd be very happy to have him return here if it panned out that way.
  17. Zero ***** given about the cap?? Wouldn't be the first time.
  18. Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 22s23 seconds ago No surprise, but the #Bombers have released linebacker Ejiro Kuale, according to a source. #CFL
  19. Ian Wild ‏@wild_ian 3m3 minutes ago Heading home to play for the @steelers
  20. Ian Wild ‏@wild_ian 4m4 minutes agoBaldwin, PA Want to thank the @Wpg_BlueBombers and the city of Winnipeg for 2 great yrs..will miss the fans & all the great people I met along the way
  21. But why does Walters have to replace Watson now? Bombers played half the season last year without Watson and when he did play he didn't do much. JFG filled in admirably. Cause we need to have more than 2 NI receivers who can reasonably play next season, special teams too. Carter & Bastien as of today. We spent most of last season with Carter as the 3rd Canadian WR. I'm rooting for Carter to do well as much as they next guy but if he's our third Canadian receiver next year (and he won't be - just hypothetical) then we're in trouble.
  22. He used our 4 draft picks to take Mike Morris, Adam Bestard, Peter Quinney, and Thaine Carter. If those names aren't familiar, there's a pretty good reason. They were terrible picks. Some of that is shared with Taman, as he traded some of those 2009 picks. Kelly let Gauthier, Koch, Picard and Goodspeed walk in free agency. I know Goodspeed isn't a NI, but if I don't mention him, Kelly's "I think we can re-sign all four!" doesn't quite make sense. Some of that is shared with Taman, as he could have extended these guys earlier. Kelly claimed he was going to do a better job of hanging on to our draft picks than Taman ever did. As I recall, we were still missing a pick in the 2013 draft from one of Kelly's many traded picks. None of that is shared with Taman. You'd have to do a pretty comprehensive essay to convince me Kelly added anything to this team other than bloated bombast, including the area of NI talent. I feel like when he said "Mike Kelly added to it", he means he added to the problem, not to our NI depth. But I could be wrong. Yes, thank you. The force is strong with this one...I'll be more careful next time to make sure even the obvious is spelled out for others.
  23. Chris Williams spent the past season with the Bears. He was cut in early December. Yes. But I believe Hamilton still hold his rights for a year and that will expire at Feb, correct? The agreement was that he would have to return to Hamilton for the 2013 or 14 season if he was cut in the NFL and couldn't find work. I don't know that he's technically under contract though with the team (considering how the "agreement" is worded) based on an article I found in the National Post at the time New Orleans signed him. It notes at the time he had a high amount of NFL interest so it may still be unlikely he comes back to the CFL at this point. http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10/03/former-hamilton-tiger-cats-star-chris-williams-signs-with-nfls-new-orleans-saints/
  24. Chris Williams spent the past season with the Bears. He was cut in early December.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.