Everything posted by Bomberguy
-
Game 39 : @New Year's Meh
It’s early 😉
-
Game 39 : @New Year's Meh
I was young but I remember the 80-81 Jets (the year before Dale Hawerchuck fell into our hands). I think their record was worse than this team but not my much. Maybe we can get a break and the lottery will fall our way 🤞🏻. Chevy will probably draft a Swede for our first pick anyway 😕
-
Game 38 : @Should Old Nyquist Be Forgot And Never Brought To Mind?
If we cleaned house including GM and scouting staff (big if with the team’s owners) the rebuild might only take a few seasons. The way the current team is performing what difference would that make?
-
Game 38 : @Should Old Nyquist Be Forgot And Never Brought To Mind?
How long until Bettman and company try to give this franchise back to Atlanta?
-
Game 38 : @Should Old Nyquist Be Forgot And Never Brought To Mind?
What’s number 1?
-
Game 38 : @Should Old Nyquist Be Forgot And Never Brought To Mind?
The Jets play tonight is horrific, ghastly, and dreadful. At least we know they aren’t trying to tank, they’re just that bad 😕 If Chevy is still our GM next season you will probably be very used to it by then.
-
Canada's Olympic hockey roster
So it's not really Team Canada, it's whoever the team's coach wants on his squad. That's OK for the NHL but in best on best the coach picking guys from his own squad looks kind of bad on Hockey Canada. Mind you, they've been doing a pretty good job of that for a while now 🤪
-
Game 38 : @Should Old Nyquist Be Forgot And Never Brought To Mind?
Now that 55 has been snubbed again by Hockey Canada watch out, he’ll be out to show everyone how wrong they were. Unfortunately it won’t make a difference as we’ve already seen this season 😢. The Jets won’t make the playoffs, and it might not be a bad thing 👍🏻
-
Canada's Olympic hockey roster
This didn’t surprise me. Mark’s best chance was in 22 but COVID wiped that out. Not that he hasn’t been amazing, but is it possible the team’s record entered into the conversation?
-
Game 37 : Dirty Oil - Clean Coal
Anyone surprised?
-
Game 36 : Minnesota Mining A Lump of Coal
Unfortunately while very valid and rational, none of the things you just mentioned apparently seem to matter to Chevy, or the ownership, or perhaps too many Jets fans themselves. This whole organization seems to have turned into or perhaps always was, some sort of demented, malfunctional, vexing, affront to hockey fandom, and it’s too bad because Winnipeg Jets faithful deserves so much more than the “just be happy you have a team” approach this franchise seems to emanate any time someone questions the direction or lack or direction its management is going.
-
Game 36 : Minnesota Mining A Lump of Coal
The headline in today’s Friesen column in the Sun was “We’re fed up”. Jets fans concur after 15 seasons.
-
Game 36 : Minnesota Mining A Lump of Coal
A team of chumps not champs and here we are 😢
-
Blue Bombers -- 2025/26 Offseason -- Discussion Thread
Never heard anything like that happening before 🤪😉. Let me guess what happens next. After burning through a few more NFL spring camps he joins the Bombers as a late TC addition (I hope) 👍🏻😁
-
Game 35 : @Extinction Level Event
Actually 55 has the look of someone who realizes he may have made a big mistake in believing Chevy and signing long term here. He could be thinking, “I getting up there and I’m not winning a Stanley Cup with this club am I?” 😕
-
Game 35 : @Extinction Level Event
Time to trade our “Chevy” for another brand 😊
-
Blue Bombers -- 2025/26 Offseason -- Discussion Thread
No more JT on the d-line, no more Hogan running the entire offence, it’s a beautiful day! 😁
-
Random Jets News
In most organizations a fall like this, if it continues, would generate a firing (whether it’s the coach or the GM). It won’t happen here as for some reason too many fans and the ownership swallow the propaganda spewed by the team management. 😕
-
Game 35 : @Extinction Level Event
The horror of discovering how brutal they are as a team, but they’ve known that for awhile actually 😕
-
Game 35 : @Extinction Level Event
I like Jets 1.0 in this sadly.
-
Game 34: @Colorado's On Fire(literally)
I totally understand what you’re saying, but, that’s only true IMO if you are singularly looking at the last two Jets seasons. Cumulatively, the Chevy teams over the last 6-7 years (maybe longer) have looked a lot more like the current squad and have categorically underperformed. The only trend change has been the hiring of Bowness and a few seasons of operating a system that according to current metrics and record may no longer work with the talent the team is using. All I’m saying is it might be time to try someone/something else. I agree that’s probably not happening in a thousand years. I’m just throwing a few ideas out there 😄
-
Game 34: @Colorado's On Fire(literally)
Last year covered up a whole mess of dysfunction junction in the Jets organization IMO. Somehow in 2024-25 they managed one of the better starts in NHL history (soon to be overtaken by Colorado) only to gradually fall back to who they were needing a miracle last second goal to not be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs again. I don’t think I’m the only one who saw how they ended last year’s playoff run and wondered just how good this team really was and what would this year really look like. A few player losses (Ehlers, Appleton?) later and Chevy resting on his laurels with one of the worst offseasons in club history and presto, here we are. I honestly believe we’ve seen enough of this current team and management. We need a fresh start hopefully with a GM who knows something about talent evaluation and drafting. Doubt it happens but that’s just my opinion 😢😕
-
Game 34: @Colorado's On Fire(literally)
I “Av” no words 🤮
-
Game 33: I couldn't have any more Blues to give
You’re probably better to move away from Winnipeg and start cheering for another team. Mind you if you changed your mind and came back in 10 or so years, he’d still be GM and we’d still be looking for a 2nd line center 😕
-
Game 33: I couldn't have any more Blues to give
Betting on the wrong guy (for example Cole Prefetti) and not getting suitable replacements is a fireable GM offence, except here in Winnipeg it seems.