Everything posted by wbbfan
-
PS Game #2
You can work 5 qbs in pre season, we've done it before. Lets be real, no one was passing TE and probably not Perkins either unless he totally turned to dog water. The decision to throw 99% of game reps to 2 qbs isn't normal. He is a guy who could rush from a 3 tech spot and play inside out like many tweeners we've had in the past. But we haven't really given him a ton of reps doing that. I hope to see it today though. And Fletcher could do the same. His versatility is his biggest advantage imo. If reese plays smarter, his explosivity is extremely coveted. And Dixon is the best of the young guys vying for that spot. 1 guy will start and another guy should be a DI. Then we should keep probably 2 on the PR. That group is lead by Dixon, Jenkins, Fletcher, and Reese. I also think Arnold Young has a real chance to steal AR reps.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
I didn't even wanna say that haha, but possibly. Its too early to jump on the lidster train that hard, but I can see it happening. Given every thing, I'd probably want an asset back in a castillo for dru trade. Sergio was very good last year, he's in his prime for a K, and he's money. Plus he can punt as well.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
if that’s the case, if half that goes to the cap that is a significant change for the league. The league needs to increase the coaching cap by atleast 50%, add roster spots and significantly bump pr and base salary for rookies. 100k min salary including rookies would be great for recruitment. So would bumping the qb min to say 200k.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
conditional pick, imp ol like vanterpool, imp lber, or the old punter maybe
-
PS Game #2
i mean it’s not really that many new guys. 1-2des maybe 1 dl, 1db, maybe 1wr. The 3-4th and lower guys don’t have much of a chance either
-
PS Game #2
he quit after the players got the depth chart. Mos commented on their conversation and the cause of it. kinda funny that we won’t pull zach late in a blow out to get other qbs in, but also won’t give the starters reps to get sharp in pre season.
-
PS Game #2
unless we see squad 3-4 and lower I think it’s gonna be an awful slog for the qbs the whole game. Really diminishes the value of reps when 90% of that roster won’t see the pr or ar. It’s strange too, we didn’t have reps for the other 2 qbs but zach took like two drives the whole of pre season? could’ve kept thorne and given him time with ease
-
PS Game #2
same im really surprised. i’m hoping it means they thing he and the system are 100% ready to go and they want to keep him healthy. If we see 1-2 pre season quality games from the offence i’m a be pissed. Eli getting almost no snaps at c is such a strange move. So is going back to ellsbury. only 2 qbs on the ar is really risky. Should’ve brought in a guy. this game is going to be tough to watch nice, i wonder if it’ll be the stadium feed again then
-
PS Game #2
i wonder if we will see cfl+/ pre season changes with the dazn change
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
i can’t imagine it would come into place before the deal is being paid out. Can’t believe they got that kind of money. I could see the league wanting to slowly increase the cap with respect to this gain. soo many teams are in bad shape, I think the governors will want to pocket some money before passing it on. 100%, you’ve been an under paid asset for too long. You should get any % increase you want… 🙃 new streaming service plus massive rule over haul, I think the old guard (ie us) are going to be hit pretty hard for a while. But maybe it’ll allow the league to reach the demographic it needs in order to out live us. Then again, you are all stubborn bastards, every last one of you. (not me though… :p ) so the old guard might surprise the league with refusal to let go.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
yeah not cheap. I don’t mind if it’s got all the games, but i don’t want to be paying for tsn and dazn for cfl games. 500m over 6 years can’t be it that would be insane. I can’t imagine that dazn would over spend to invest in the cfl, when the changes coming next year are such a huge risk. I don’t either, but dinwiddie marches to the best of his own drum at qb. I suspect he wants to get a good look at mccheese, and wants brown to have to really scrap for the spot. If they do go with mccheese, browns deal isn’t crazy but they would be well off if they sit on brown and trade him early to mid season to a team with qb injuries/sever disappointments. I wouldn’t cut a qb like that. Look at the junk qb state the league is in, guy like brown has good value.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
wow not what i was expecting. I think i recall hearing they host some fight stuff.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
3DownNationCFL signs six-year broadcast agreements with Bell Media a...The Canadian Football League has signed new media agreements for the 2027 season and beyond, headlined by a renewed commitment with Bell Media while DAZN joins as a new broadcast partner. Six-year agr Tf is dazn? is that one of the free streaming channels like tubi? Tsn carrying less games is good for quality but surprising tbh how much live sports do they still have? More stuff on youtube is a great move though. Wonder what the financials are. I hope it’s not one of those deals for less money but with the potential to make more
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
Sheed gets a player development coaching job in d2 with west chester pen. That dude was born to coach kids. I bet he gave the dr a motivational speech when he was born.
-
2026 Bombers Season
we’ve seen a couple guys float around in his situation over the past couple years. Would I sign him based on film? No. I would’ve cut him in the off season. my only notes would be gotta keep lidster, and i’d keep ball too. I might even pr ball or stuart. i’d kick korny too i think he’s sub replacement level for a ni dl
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
In 6 seasons, he's only played 18 games once. He played 12/18 in Edmonton and 22/36 in his second stint here. He also had 5 games under 50 yards in those 12 he played with Edmonton. He lights the world on fire for 5-ish games in a year. Misses 1/3 of the games, and tends to be average in the remaining 1/3 ish. In Dalton's first 2 years here, he had 8 games under 50, only 1 was under 30, though, and only 1 was a single catch game. He still gave us the 5-ish games a season of pure dominance, but in the remaining nearly half a season, he was a strong, steady producer.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
Honestly, I think you could go either way and justify it with ease. At the end of the day, you are gonna overpay a couple of guys no matter what. Kenny is the type of player I would want to overpay for. That type of skill set is incredibly valuable in any league or level of football. Dominant WR who can go up and get most any ball in his rough direction? Is Poor Man Randy Moss? Want that kind of player. Now the person behind that is much harder. While I don't consider him a bad guy or toxic. But the lack of loyalty, the inability to stay healthy, and the lackadaisical approach he had to sorting out his passport issues are huge red flags. Especially after the team stood behind him with his DUI suspension. I love how he plays, but I would not trust him as a franchise cornerstone.
-
Stars and HH pre season game 1
I actually prefer shorter QBs for short yardage. Tall lanky guys are more prone to getting a leg twisted, getting hit clean over the top etc. But I think either would do the job fine.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
Good, good, let the hate floooow through you. I am glad, though, I am happy to see the league under-rate this team. If we stay reasonably healthy and Zach performs at a higher level than the last 2 years, this will be the best team we've put on the field since 21 imo.
-
2026 Bombers Season
I want to see him kick off too. Lidster has a real good leg, but Andrews is bigger then Bedes was imo.
-
2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)
CFL.caA.J. Allen's top 5 running backs in the CFL - CFL.caFrom Justin Rankin to Brady Oliveira, Ottawa REDBLACKS linebacker A.J. Allen counts down his top five running backs to play against in the CFL.When explaining what makes Brady Oliveira special and why he’s been included in the linebacker’s rankings, Allen only had one thing to say. “They give him the ball a ton,” laughed Allen.
-
2026 Bombers Season
not a di. Nat imp also rotating I could see. We’ve got a bunch of young canadians ready to contribute on teams from the D side. between kyrie, jones and ayers, 1 guy really needs to go.
-
2026 Bombers Season
lber is the last spot I would use a di. We have two canadians one ready to start another ready to rotate. Realistically, i would nat imp one of jones/kyrie have smith rotate to relieve lawson and allow an imp db on. Personally, i’d lean towards start ayers and jones. Di kicker kr de db. Lidster also looked really good. I expect him to sit on the pr, but he may be the sergio replacement before sergio’s career is over. An Ni kicker is a tremendous luxury.
-
PS Game 1 day thread (finally Bomber football is upon us!)
Yep. I’d line him up like an h-back, and motion him to and from the slot as well. Send him out in a fb alignment then send him to the slot. He isn’t a natural wr obviously but if he’s 1on1 with a mlber, with the waggle and his quicks he will be open on a hitch, out etc.
-
2026 Bombers Season
that would leave us with with no kr, or only vaval as back up db, and no ayers. And with kyrie as a di behind jones and woodbey that would leave no reps for smith to take. We really need to make use of the naturalized american rule this year and shed some bodies at lber. Tj davis’ reps came late in the mess part of the game. would’ve been nice to see him get some kr reps and play with the 1s/2s more. Hopefully in game 2. Singer had a couple good throws into coverage that he came down with, as for route support and blocking it was a mess. It would really help if he is that kind of high support guy though. Demski opens a lot up for other guys and white will too. He hasn’t been cut yet, that i’ve seen. That elite get off and burst is soo rare I think it demands more time. He took two stupid penalties, but he is a rookie they will do that. I hope to see him get more reps in game 2. But he’d be on the short list of pr candidates for me, if he’s coach able.