Game 69 : Jets @ Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Other than that one brain fart, I thought Melch did good for a guy who has played one entire NHL game in his life.  Like his size too.  Would rather have him out there than Enstrom or Postma.

I agree.  Well not about Enstrom.  But Melchiori had a good game save the one bad decision.  Young, big kid.  Playing well for the Moose.  Probably wont be a top pairing D obviously, but I wouldnt write him off.

Too many people either want every player to be top ten in the league or traded immediately.

Ok, I take back the Melch instead of Tyrion Enstrom comment.  I have to say though I really am liking the work ethic of the team these past few games.  They just skated those sad-sack Canucks right into the ground last night.  Every line was busting it, and you have Kosmo/Lipon/Halischuk playing like they don't want to be sent down.  Can't fault those guys for lack of hustle.  Lipon especially.  That kid has some heart.  Kosmo and Lowry seem to have some chemistry too.

Pretty hard to judge anyone's talent out there, Vancouver was absolutely awful.  Moose would have beat them.

The real story of the second half are Ben Chiarot and Lowry imo... they have quietly regained their form from last season.  Solid depth guys, Lowry winning face-offs again, Chiarot playing safe and keeping the puck along the boards.

No one is writing Dano off, but he needs to work on his back check.  Burmistrov...  bye bye - same player he's always been.  Would lead scoring in the AHL easy.

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Pretty hard to judge anyone's talent out there, Vancouver was absolutely awful.  Moose would have beat them.

The real story of the second half are Ben Chiarot and Lowry imo... they have quietly regained their form from last season.  Solid depth guys, Lowry winning face-offs again, Chiarot playing safe and keeping the puck along the boards.

No one is writing Dano off, but he needs to work on his back check.  Burmistrov...  bye bye - same player he's always been.  Would lead scoring in the AHL easy.

I was a Dano doubter, mostly because I had no clue who he was and some of the intelligentsia here were already crowning him second line status sight unseen.  I've been impressed with his work ethic, and when it comes to scoring goals and getting assists off of pucks deflecting off your butt he seems to be right up there in terms of talent.  But in all seriousness, I'm starting to see why some here were so high on him.  Definitely highly skilled, and definitely benefiting from being paired with a skill guy like Perrault, as opposed to playing with pluggers.