Game 67 : Flight of the Phoenix @ Red Wings

On a flight from Phoenix, head pilot Paul Maurice and assistant Charlie Huddy. are unable to keep their passenger plane in the air when a violent sandstorm strikes. Crash-landing in a remote part of Arizona, the two pilots and their passengers -- a team of hockey players and a drifter (Drew Stafford) -- must work together to survive by rebuilding the aircraft. Soon, low supplies and a band of merciless snowbirds add greater urgency to their task.

Also starring...

Michael Hutchison as  the starting goalie

Scott Kosmachuk as the new guy

Marko Dano as the old new guy

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Flight of the Phoenix took place in a desert.  This version you describe seems more like a bad Liam Neeson movie (wait, is there a "good" Liam Neeson movie?)

What was the airplane related one Liam did?  That was pretty decent actually.  Non-Stop?

Have we had a "Flight" reference?  Tremendous movie.  Also, Castaway might make for a good one too.. ;-)

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What was the airplane related one Liam did?  That was pretty decent actually.  Non-Stop?

Have we had a "Flight" reference?  Tremendous movie.  Also, Castaway might make for a good one too.. ;-)

No, I was thinking of that awful and dreadfully boring "the Grey".  Exactly the scenario described in the OP (well sort of, replace Inuit with wolves).  Flight of the Phoenix took place in a desert, I know, we had to read the book in Grade 11 and watch the Jimmy Stewart film adaptation.

Poster's prerogative, characters and scenes may be changed slightly.

All right, all right - I've changed it up to reflect the original storyline. The Jimmy movie was much better then the Quaid movie IMHO.

Pretty much every movie that people have thrown out in this thread is coming, as well as...I can't say it :)

Might run out of movie titles. Still some 15 losses to come.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Poster's prerogative, characters and scenes may be changed slightly.

All right, all right - I've changed it up to reflect the original storyline. The Jimmy movie was much better then the Quaid movie IMHO.

Pretty much every movie that people have thrown out in this thread is coming, as well as...I can't say it :)

Might run out of movie titles. Still some 15 losses to come.

Dont forget William Shatner from the Twilight Zone. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Flight? I hated the ending. How do we get around this testifying stuff...lets load him up with drugs!

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Flight? I hated the ending. How do we get around this testifying stuff...lets load him up with drugs!

It was suitably heartwarming I guess.  But there was a fatal flaw in the logic.  Spoiler Alert.

When asked if the booze was the flight attendants, it was set up where he either had to say yes and get off or say no and be implicated.  But the real choice was "How the heck would I know?"  He cant testify to what the flight attendant did or did not do.  But otherwise, it was a good movie.  I thought it was going to be a PG rated average film and right off the hop a full frontal nude women walks past the camera and I sat up straight.  It was really really good. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It was suitably heartwarming I guess.  But there was a fatal flaw in the logic.  Spoiler Alert.

When asked if the booze was the flight attendants, it was set up where he either had to say yes and get off or say no and be implicated.  But the real choice was "How the heck would I know?"  He cant testify to what the flight attendant did or did not do.  But otherwise, it was a good movie.  I thought it was going to be a PG rated average film and right off the hop a full frontal nude women walks past the camera and I sat up straight.  It was really really good. 

The woman yah! :) Kelly Reilly was in the movie too. She of Sherlock Holmes fame.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I believe the nude woman in question was the hot wife of Ruxin in "the League". 

14 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

On a flight from Phoenix, head pilot Paul Maurice and assistant Charlie Huddy. are unable to keep their passenger plane in the air when a violent sandstorm strikes. Crash-landing in a remote part of Arizona, the two pilots and their passengers -- a team of hockey players and a drifter (Drew Stafford) -- must work together to survive by rebuilding the aircraft. Soon, low supplies and a band of merciless snowbirds add greater urgency to their task.

Also starring...

Michael Hutchison as  the starting goalie

Scott Kosmachuk as the new guy

Marko Dano as the old new guy

A band of merciless snowbirds! Ha!  So you must have been down in Phoenix the same time as my parents... :)

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls002285183/

Man, there are a lot of disaster movies involving airplanes.  We can keep losing well into the middle of next season without having to recycle.

Yeah but you have to get to #14 before you come up with a recognizable movie thought I know #2 as the inspiration for Airplane.

17 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Taken was a good Liam Neeson movie. Schindler's List too.

He was good in Love Actually too.  I am not saying he's a bad actor.  He just does a lot of really crappy movies.

This scene from Life's Too Short had me rolling on the ground laughing.  Just the best.