Nov 22, 1963.... Kennedy assasination article

Mark F

Huge can of worms imo.  Watched many documentaries and read a lot about this conspiracy but until something is officially announced by the U.S. government (which they will probably never do) everything is a loose end.  Just like the details of 9/11, once the event has occurred the justification or reasoning behind it is somewhat inconsequential to the momentum of the event itself.

The following paragraph from the article is the most relevant point made and it applies well to any American crisis.

"Those resolute voices in American public life that continue to deny the existence of a conspiracy to kill President Kennedy argue that “someone would have talked.” This line of reasoning is often used by journalists who have made no effort themselves to closely inspect the growing body of evidence and have not undertaken any of their own investigative reporting. The argument betrays a touchingly naïve media bias—a belief that the American press establishment itself, that great slumbering watchdog, could be counted on to solve such a monumental crime, one that sprung from the very system of governance of which corporate media is an essential part. The official version of the Kennedy assassination—despite its myriad improbabilities, which have only grown more inconceivable with time—remains firmly embedded in the media consciousness, as unquestioned as the law of gravity."

“someone would have talked.

Who in their right mind would come forward with information against the people that killed the President of the USA and got away completely free?

First of all, you'd be killed or worse.....

second of all, as he says, you'd be called a crackpot by the media.

As far as I'm concerned, it was a coup, and the end of democracy in America.

Some people were killed. Some people were so high up they would never talk. And some people talked.

I don't think it's as brand a conspiracy as we have romanticized over time. I think Oswald was involved. And I think a second sniper would have easily been caught if a lot of mistakes hadn't been made.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/texas/dallas/dealeyplaza/?cam=dealeyplaza

Looks pretty close don't it?

Isnt it accepted knowledge that there was more than one shooter?  The House Committee on Assasinations that looked at the case after the Warren Commission stated as much.  But the investigation was never re-opened.

I do think some people had honorable intentions in wanting to "spare" the public from details and investigations and the idea of cutting up the President's body just seemed disrespectful to many.  I think some of the flaws in the investigation were not malicious.

Watching the video it seems clear JFK was shot from the front.  But I've seen recreations that show a shot from behind would cause the bodily reaction that makes it look like a front shot.  It might be that most people have it wrong.  That the first shot came from the front (the controversial throat entry wound) and the kill shot came from behind.

The craziest theory I read was that the limo driver did it, along with video to supposedly show him turning, raising a gun, firing and then speeding off.  It's ridiculous ofcourse. 

We will probably never know the truth.  Any "truth" that comes out now will be met with scorn.  E Howard Hunt allegedly confessed on his death bed to being involved and there are supposedly photos of him in Dallas that day.  But other say he "confessed" so his family could profit from the speculation of his involvement.  I saw another supposed former CIA agent gave a deathbed confession to working for a CIA assassinations squad during the same period and said he killed Marylin Munroe.  But these seem so wild, its hard to believe.

I think the correct term would be "accepted theory" rather than accepted knowledge. I was watching a Kennedy assassination documentary this past weekend & they focused on the driver theory as he did turn his head... They enhanced the grainy film taken of Kennedy limo at the exact time of the shootings. The so called gun the driver is purportedly firing is actually the sun's glare off the Secret Service Man beside him. The driver had no gun.

It also said that the Warren Commission Report started & ended with the single shooter theory & that was it. They nailed Oswald as the killer. Didn't really look into the other theories like the driver, the Mafia, the Government conspiracy, Aliens (yes Aliens) or another enemy government like the Russians or Cuba. They white washed everything which is shocking considering an American president was gunned down in public.

As to the single shooter theory, the documentary stated that a majority of Americans believe that it was a Mafia hit as well as there was more than one shooter involved.

I think the correct term would be "accepted theory" rather than accepted knowledge. I was watching a Kennedy assassination documentary this past weekend & they focused on the driver theory as he did turn his head... They enhanced the grainy film taken of Kennedy limo at the exact time of the shootings. The so called gun the driver is purportedly firing is actually the sun's glare off the Secret Service Man beside him. The driver had no gun.

It also said that the Warren Commission Report started & ended with the single shooter theory & that was it. They nailed Oswald as the killer. Didn't really look into the other theories like the driver, the Mafia, the Government conspiracy, Aliens (yes Aliens) or another enemy government like the Russians or Cuba. They white washed everything which is shocking considering an American president was gunned down in public.

As to the single shooter theory, the documentary stated that a majority of Americans believe that it was a Mafia hit as well as there was more than one shooter involved.

Knowing what we know, it seems reasonable that the Mafia, Castro and members of the US Intelligence Community with perhaps assistance from some higher ups in the government were involved.  And yet that seems outrageously insane to even consider.

But I also wonder.  If there was no Zapruder film, what would be the description of events?  If the Cop hadnt left his mic open to record the gun shots, what would the story have been?  And there is also a woman across the street (opposite Zapruder) who appears to also be filming.  She was never identified (if I recall correctly).  She would have (or could have) filmed the grassy knoll shooter if, in fact, there was one.

Knowing what we know, it seems reasonable that the Mafia, Castro and members of the US Intelligence Community with perhaps assistance from some higher ups in the government were involved.  And yet that seems outrageously insane to even consider.

But I also wonder.  If there was no Zapruder film, what would be the description of events?  If the Cop hadnt left his mic open to record the gun shots, what would the story have been?  And there is also a woman across the street (opposite Zapruder) who appears to also be filming.  She was never identified (if I recall correctly).  She would have (or could have) filmed the grassy knoll shooter if, in fact, there was one.

There was also "Umbrella Man". On a cool, sunny, crisp day in Dallas the man opened up his umbrella just as the President's car approached him. Was that a signal to fire? The documentary states that the Warren Commission found the guy & he was questioned. They show footage of that questioning. They asked if he was involved at all in the shooting & the man denied it. They showed a woman (maybe his lawyer) opening the umbrella too far & it stuck straight out like it caught a wind gust. Everybody laughed, thought it was funny & that was the end of the man's testimony. They never questioned him again. Totally shocking as the weather that day was sunny & cool so why did he open his umbrella just as the President approached? Other than he said he was not involved in any way with  the assassination, no one can answer that. Pretty shoddy questioning & investigating. Everything about the Kennedy assassination stinks & so does the investigation as well as the Warren Commission Report.

But the thing is, its one thing for us to wish they did a better job or feel like maybe they did a quicky job to put it behind the country.  But his brother was Attorney General for crying out loud.  How did he not demand, insist, implement, lead a more thorough investigation?  And I dont think i've ever seen Bobby Kennedy comment about the Warren Commission or his brothers passing.  Im sure he has, but I dont recall.

I have heard the story about Bobby being the one to "steal" JFK's brain is still considered "missing".  The story goes he had it buried with the body.

What they need is someone to push this issue up to and including digging up the body for further study.

Wasnt it Clinton who said he asked about this?  I know he asked about Aliens.  Off topic but Jimmy Carter also was a UFO buff and had his own sighting.  Before he became President he vowed to find out the truth and disclose it to the public.  Once elected, he never mentioned it again.

Yeah, who knows? I don't buy the alien stuff, obviously. All documents have been sealed for 75 years. So there's still roughly a quarter century to go before they're unsealed. By then all the perpetrators will have died. If I was an American I'd want to know what really happened.

The mafia hated Castro, and were involved in attempts to assasinate him. It's also highly unlikely that Castro would have attempted to kill the President.... any tiny shred of evidence of that, and his country would have been demolished in 24 hours.

But The CIA, and it's predecessors used the mafia to get things done. threats, and murders, anything.

Don't know if they'd trust the mafia with this one though. Don't think they would need to, they had enough of their own highly skilled assasins.

some of the er doctors have spoken about this

"Here’s what Dr. Crenshaw said about Kennedy’s head wound:
“I walked to the President’s head to get a closer look. His entire right cerebral hemisphere appeared to be gone. It looked like a crater–an empty cavity. All I could see there was mangled, bloody tissue. From the damage I saw, there was no doubt in my mind that the bullet had entered his head through the front, and as it surgically passed through his cranium, the missile obliterated part of the temporal and all the parietal and occipital lobes before it lacerated the cerebellum.” ( JFK: Conspiracy of Silence, p. 86)

http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/er-doctor-talks-about-jfks-wounds/

I heard one of the drs.  forget the name and I don't know if it was this guy, he said he was told to change what he said about what he had seen.

If I recall, the few autopsy photos taken were also taken with them holding the head wound closed to make it appear much smaller.

I've heard doctors say there was no doubt the throat wound was an entry wound also.

Imagine that scene in the ER.  If it was anyone else they wouldnt even go to the ER.  Straight to the morgue.  Half his head obliterated, brain matter missing and they're frantically trying to save his life.  Crazy.

Everytime I see the Zapruder film, you see him emerge from behind the street sign with his hands up to his throat and Im practically yelling "just ******* duck!".  Like you're hit, hit the deck of that car!  How would the world be different if he had ducked down after the first shot and survived?

The CIA or FBI grabbed the body & took it to Washington for an autopsy to be done instead of at Dallas where normally it would have been done by the Coroners Office. Apparently the government doctors in Washington were inexperienced in doing autopsies & just botched everything. That, according to the documentary I watched.

The CIA or FBI grabbed the body & took it to Washington for an autopsy to be done instead of at Dallas where normally it would have been happened by the Coroners Office. Apparently the government doctors in Washington were inexperienced in doing autopsies & just botched everything. That, according to the documentary I watched.

There was confusion over jurisdiction right?  And didnt Bobby (Or Jackie) demand the body be returned to Washington asap?  They just wanted to go home.  Not an excuse but when was the last time a President had been assassinated.  Dallas PD wanted to investigate it as a local homicide.  FBI asserted jurisdiction.

I believe its FBI jurisdiction officially now, no?  If it happened today, it's a Federal Crime?

The CIA or FBI grabbed the body & took it to Washington for an autopsy to be done instead of at Dallas where normally it would have been happened by the Coroners Office. Apparently the government doctors in Washington were inexperienced in doing autopsies & just botched everything. That, according to the documentary I watched.

There was confusion over jurisdiction right?  And didnt Bobby (Or Jackie) demand the body be returned to Washington asap?  They just wanted to go home.  Not an excuse but when was the last time a President had been assassinated.  Dallas PD wanted to investigate it as a local homicide.  FBI asserted jurisdiction.

I believe its FBI jurisdiction officially now, no?  If it happened today, it's a Federal Crime?

The body was moved so that changed evidence especially if the autopsy is delayed, I believe. Plus the autopsy in Washington would have been done in secret rather than in a public coroner's office. Story I keep hearing & reading is FBI came into the hospital room after Kennedy died, said they were taking the body & that was it. 

The body was moved so that changed evidence especially if the autopsy is delayed, I believe. Plus the autopsy in Washington would have been done in secret rather than in a public coroner's office. Story I keep hearing & reading is FBI came into the hospital room after Kennedy died, said they were taking the body & that was it. 

I must have watched the same documentary cuz that's exactly what i remember watching too and reading for that matter. FBI came in, whispered something in to the coroners ear, next thing you know, OFF TO WASHINGTON.