Montreal Fires OC

iso_55

This doesn't surprise me. Herb Zurkowsky and others had reported that Schonert was on the hot seat while Higgins was still HC. I think most thought he would be fired before Higgins was.

Schonert shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but that besides the point. AC and Dinwiddie becoming the OCS isn't a good move imo, Calvillo is in his first year of coaching and went from wr coach to QB coach and now Oc within 2 weeks smh. Also, I guess Popp didn't learn from the last time Dinwiddie was the OC, I seem to recall him along with Wetenhall having to bring in Schonert and Garcia as consultants last year because Dinwiddie was struggling big time, then was demoted and demoted even further for this season.

In fairness to Dinwiddie, he had very little coaching experience (1 year as an offensive quality control coach) and was thrust into the OC job part way through TC after Worman was fired. He was put in a bad position. 

Als name Calvillo, Dinwiddie co-OCs

http://www.tsn.ca/als-name-calvillo-dinwiddie-co-ocs-1.356120

How does Bellefeille still have a job? We rank last in the CFL on offense. Montreal has seen the light and fired both their head coach and now their OC. How disfunctional are we?

I hear there is room on the mtl bandwagon if your feeling spry..

Popp is just showing everyone that he's in charge and you better watch out. The guys a pompous prick and I believe will run that team in to the ground with his massive ego.

I'd take Popp here in a heartbeat, Montreal has been a powerhouse for how many years? Like him or not the guy wins.

How's that been going since AC retired?

And since trestman left?

Say what you want about popp but... guy finds talent... Sutton. Duron Carter... cash. Bear woods. All sorts really. Guy is probably the best GM in the CFL.

No, the Stamps GM Hufnagel & assistant Murphy are the best. Look at the talent Murphy brings in. Imagine what  could do here but won't happen.

Say what you want about popp but... guy finds talent... Sutton. Duron Carter... cash. Bear woods. All sorts really. Guy is probably the best GM in the CFL.

No, the Stamps GM Hufnagel & assistant Murphy are the best. Look at the talent Murphy brings in. Imagine what  could do here but won't happen.

I don't argue that they make a formidable duo but Murphy could be Mack 2.0. That is a good scout but unable to do all the other things that a GM must do.