Best QB?

44 members have voted

1. 1. What QB would you want to start a team with?

• Bo Levi Mitchell
    • Drew Willy
    • Zach Collaros
    • Trevor Harris
    • Rakeem Cato
    • Other

In my opinion we've officially reached a changing of the guard in the CFL, after all the years of Ray, Burris, and to an extent guys like Lulay and Durant ruling the CFL the five best QB's in no particular order are now Cato, Collaros, Willy, Harris and Bovine. It also happens that all these guys are fairly young(Willy & Harris are both 29 by the end of the year) everyone else is 26 or under. But what I want to know is which one of these guys do we consider the best? At the beginning of the year I would have told you Bovine without thinking twice. But he's played poorly in just about every game this season. I find it very difficult to choose him at this stage personally, so my question is, what QB do you pick to lead your team today? 

I'm actually a big fan of everyone on that list so there's no wrong answer in my mind. But it comes down to two guys for me, Rakeem Cato and Zach Collaros. I know it's been a small body of work, but man Cato has been impressive. He's had the most impressive CFL debut since Casey Printers in 2004 IMO. I'm also a huge Collaros fan but I just see something special in Cato I can't say no to.

I'd rank the up and comers like this:

1. Collaros - closest we've seen to Flutie since Flutie

2. Willy - the next Ricky Ray

3. Bo Levi - very good but his team makes him seem a little better than he really is as a QB

4. Reilly - reckless style and injuries will hold him back until he adjusts his style

5. Harris - I like him but need to see more

6. Cato - still small sample size but I love his upside

Gotta say it's nice seeing a new stable of qbs in the league. . The past couple years we as CFL fans had to watch some growing pains. These guys can all flat out play now. My vote for now goes to collaros but drew is getting better and better. We got a real good pocket passer..

I say Collaros but of course that's the guy I wanted here. I'm still not sold 100% on Willy. Looking forward to seeing him play live today. Last time I saw him live he played like absolute garbage and then took a sack in the end zone at the end of the 2nd quarter and did not return after that (thankfully). So far this year Willy is playing like he started last year - so to see him operate 'healthy' I can pass better judgement. 

Of course, didn't see much of Collaros last year either - Mr. Willis knocked him out of the game really early here (and he stayed out for 6 weeks). But Collaros to me seems to have that 'it' factor, that will to win. Willy has 'happy feet'. 

If I had to start from scratch I would choose to build a team around Collaros with Marve as a backup.  Willy is probably the best passer of the bunch but he is also the hardest to protect and the least mobile. 

Should be some amazing shootouts in the next five years once these young QB's get established and begin to compete with each other.  Let's hope the NFL leaves this crop alone.

For me it's:

1) BLM - 25 with the most experience of the bunch.  I'd build a team around him for sure

2) Collaros - 26.  Mobile and accurate can't ask for much more in a young QB.

3) Willy - 28. Pocket passer. Accurate but older than the other two and not as easy to protect.

4) Cato 23. Could be the best of the bunch, but he's got so few games under his belt that it's really hard to say.

5) Harris 29. Very limited reps, but if he keeps this up, Toronto will have a serious QB controversy.