Suicide Squad Trailer

Logan007

It was never intended for public consumption. It was a special trailer for comic con and was leaked so they decided to release it.

Usually you'd get a teaser that has less than this so for a de facto teaser I really like it. Leto is going to be very different than Heath Ledger as Joker. But I think it could work.

The problem with a film like this is giving is X amount of bad guys with no set up as to who they are. It's another example of doing things sort of backward by DC. But it could work. And like you said, they've got the hook of Batman making a cameo. People will want to see Joker. Harley Quinn could be the break out. And you've got Will Smith for star power.

But from a story perspective don't they need us to cheer for the bad guys like anti-heroes? And if it's implied in Superman V Batman that Joker killed Robin how do we then cheer for him in SS?

I like it though. I like the darker aspect DC seems to be going in.

Right.  I read about that as well.  I know it's not the "real" trailer they wanted to put out, but I never thought this would really work that well without a hero involved.  And I mean something more then just a Batman cameo if that's all it is.

Something tells me the Joker isn't actually going to be a part of the Suicide Squad.  I think he's going to be the wild card of the movie.

The only thing I had wished for from this movie, was that Margot Robbie did the Harley Quinn voice from the cartoon.  I think it would have just blown the fanboys away if she'd have at least attempted a higher pitch voice.  Oh well.

Darker only gets you so far though.  You need a couple of laughs in these kinds of movies.  I hope they don't make them too dark all the time.  I don't want to watch a movie about people brooding all the time.  You need some hope and happiness as well.