And here it is folks the 2015-2016 season schedule for the Jets

iHeart

http://jets.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

(I'm not going to copy and paste the whole schedule on here, a little bit too much work)

Hopefully the jets will make a roast out of those ducks next season

the jets will have a 6 game homestand in October

and a quintet of four away games

and one five game away stand.

and I was so hoping the Jets would play at home on the 30th of October

six game home stand right near the start of the season.  Yowza.

And in January they play 9 of 10 at home.  That will be a critical home stand.

6 of 7 at home in March also.  In fact from March 1st to the beginning of April they play 13 of 18 at home and then end the season on a three game road trip.  That last 13 of 18 at home to just about close out the season could be a huge difference maker although those last three are against Ducks, Sharks, Kings on the road.

An odd schedule with the weird home stands.  But I think its pretty good.  I wonder if its like this to accommodate the Moose

it should it kind of has to because we are stuck with them. Why can't they just put them at the iceplex instead (oh wait that's kind of far)

Kind of makes me wish that they could convert investors group field into an indoor stadium so they can convert it into and ice rink. Oh wait, IGF may be cursed I wouldn't want to risk it on the jets either

Here's a change - only once do the Jets and Bombers play on the same day and it's a Jets' home game and the Bombers are in Ottawa.

I also noticed that the Jets are on the road when the Grey Cup Festival and Game are happening.

Don't know if the Grey Cup scheduling was on purpose, but if so, nice thing to do for the CFL

Hey Rich, have you other admins ever thought of adding Bomber Game dates to the Calendar on this forum? since it mostly just shows member birthdays maybe it should include dates of Bomber and Jets games

I've put them in there other years.  

Bomber games I will probably do.  Jets games are too many because I have to enter them in manually. No import.

Here's a change - only once do the Jets and Bombers play on the same day and it's a Jets' home game and the Bombers are in Ottawa.

I also noticed that the Jets are on the road when the Grey Cup Festival and Game are happening.

Don't know if the Grey Cup scheduling was on purpose, but if so, nice thing to do for the CFL

I think it was on purpose. I'm hoping the primary reason was to keep the focus on the CFL during the week but I also think hotel availability may have had something to do with it. 

Hey Rich, have you other admins ever thought of adding Bomber Game dates to the Calendar on this forum? since it mostly just shows member birthdays maybe it should include dates of Bomber and Jets games

Bomber games I will probably do.  Jets games are too many because I have to enter them in manually. No import.

oh, so I just noticed.  I just it was May when I last looked at it or something

Probably a smart move.

oh, so I just noticed.  I just it was May when I last looked at it or something

I just added them.

Turns out there is an import function.   The whole CFL schedule is in there.  I've subscribed to the Jets calendar as well, but I don't think it is updated yet since the schedule was just released today.

Curious to see if they use city names or team names.  Winnipeg @ Ottawa will be confusing on the overlap months.  But I'm sure people can figure it out.

Im shocked the NHL would care about the CFL but perhaps True North included those dates on their request list.  I would suspect True North is involved heavily in the Grey Cup festivities as the IGF concert promoters.  Makes sense.  is MTSC being used for anything that week?

Also, regarding Moose at IcePlex, IcePlex is not a suitable arena for watching pro hockey.  WAY too small without the amenities.  MTSC is the only option.

Well they kind of do UP since the NHL in Winnipeg is a huge thing. And I wouldn't be surprised if True North is involved with the festivities either since they have planned several events at IGF in recent years (I saw Sir Paul two years ago, so worth it!)Oka

okay I should point out that my mind was in autodrive and sometimes it doesn't think that logically (just like sometimes my fingers aren't in the right position when I am in autodrive when I type on my laptop)

You have to figure that any time the Jets are on the road for an extended time, the Moose will be at home to play at MTS. The one good thing is that there will probably be hockey at the MTS centre 5 nights a week in the Winter.

Also, I suspect the Moose will have a few home games during the grey cup week since the Jets are away. Another "attraction" for out of towners to take in, since Jets games will always be sold out.

yeah they probably will, and judging by the schedule (and it looks like I may have to go to Celebrations Dinner Theater on the 30th, even though my mother is ecstatic about the Moose returning. but to be honest I am just not feeling the AHL energy I used to, i kind of wish there would be a switch up game where the Moose are playing in Jets uniforms and the moose are playing in jets informs, or switch those shifts or something, and now I'm just babbling)

Good point Cam, regarding Moose during Grey Cup week.

True North also helped out the Bombers when it came to the traffic plan at IGF.  If you recall, when everyone was going nuts and it was a disaster, Bombers called in TN to help them come up with a plan.  I know I'd feel a lot better knowing TN were involved in organizing Grey Cup.