Winnipeg Season Preview Conference Call - Today @ Noon

Mike

Darrin Bauming ...

Question for Walters / O'Shea - who is going to compete at MLB? Where do you see Briggs/Newman/Hurl fitting in positionally?

Khalil Bass, Rodney Lamar will compete at MLB. Excited to see Lamar in pads. Bass was interesting because he can compete at MAC/WIL. Sam Hurl has chance to win MAC job. Briggs will compete at MAC, athletic enough to play WIL. Added a couple guys since Florida that they like at LB. Missed a bit of the answer due to a phone call, but I think I heard them say Waggoner can compete at MAC and WIL too, as well as safety.

Sammy Brown will compete as a pass rusher, not a linebacker. (Thanks to Bauming for asking my question this morning)

Thanks for the summary Mike...

After watching some tape I think I like the idea of Brown at DE, rather than LB... also explains why you had him starting at DE on the starters projection thread... I was scratching my head a bit cuz I noticed you asked Bauming about that on Twitter and he speculated MLB... no mention of Denicos Allen at LB??

First question is from Chris Schultz ...

What has O'Shea learned going from his first to second year as head coach.

O'Shea wants to keep learning, keep developing, says it's an ongoing process. Says it was easier this year because the admin duties were more routine this year, wasn't such a learning process and he has been able to dedicate more time to finding and evaluating talent.

Schultz asks what O'Shea enjoys and does not enjoy about coaching.

O'Shea likes this time of year when things are starting to get going, excited to see how their plan unfolds. He finds the offseason a bit of a grind because there are no players around, it's a bit dry, etc. Excited to get started with camp.

So his favourite part about coaching is coaching, and his least favourite part about coaching is not coaching.