Moose News

ahh poor Jaffs...might be at the end of the line. I currently work and live in his hometown, and he comes home to train and what not in the summer. Plays in the local co-ed slo-pitch league. Is a good dude, to be sure. 

I'm gonna say i'm not surprised. The reality is with Jaffray is he had his NHL chance but didn't do much with it or maybe was never given a fair chance but he's at that age now where his spot needs to go to younger guys who have a shot at the big leagues. Would it have been nice to see him on the MOOSE? probably but... i'm betting most the guys on the moose will be youngsters. Everyone talks about a few vets being brought in, well, I'm not sure about that. Maybe a couple but... i'm willing to bet the moose will mostly be Jets draft picks. Got a ton of them coming, gotta make room for them. 

A minor league team will always have a number of vets on it.  Part of their job is to mentor the younger players as well as providing stability for the on ice product.  Show them how to be a professional.

There are rules in the AHL that limit the number of vets a team can have, but all teams will have vets.